A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 09:22:42 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jazz Hall of Fame  (Read 2067 times)
MichaelC
« on: June 19, 2007, 09:54:19 am »

From KTUL

quote:
Tulsa - The Oklahoma Jazz Hall of Fame will host its official ribbon cutting ceremony this morning at its new facility in the old Union Depot located near 1st and Cincinnati.

The Vision 2025 project began three years ago with the purchase of the building by the City of Tulsa. It will replace the current location on North Greenwood Avenue and give the Hall more exhibit and gallery space.

"The City of Tulsa and State of Oklahoma have been great with their support of the Hall and the people of Oklahoma have something to be proud of," says OJHF CEO Chuck Cissel. "We're looking forward to great things that are in store for the Jazz Hall and the arts in Tulsa."

It's just the beginning of a week of activities that include the 19th Annual Induction Banquet Wednesday, the Donald M. Horner, Sr. Scholarship Golf Tournament Thursday and the Oklahoma Music and JazzFest Saturday.

A rehearsal studio, meeting space and recording studio are also planned for the Hall of Fame, which will be known as the "Jazz Depot."

The ribbon cutting comes just four months after a fire caused nearly ten-thousand dollars in damage to the building
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 09:56:42 am »

I love to read things like that
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 09:58:29 am »

Anything new about development in Greenwood?

I remember a hotel and maybe some shops were in the works.
MichaelC
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 02:34:50 pm »

Other than the "goings on" at OSU-Tulsa, and several loft projects around Brady District, I got nothin.  Maybe someone else can pick up the ball.

I'm looking forward to seeing this Jazz HOF open.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 03:20:17 pm »

and don't forget to check out the center of the universe when you are there!

Here is an idea... link the blue dome district, Brady district, convention center and new arena together via the Jazz Museum.  Not too far from the PAC either.  Parking galore just for good measure.

It would finally give a scene for downtown.  As it is, you can combine the blue dome and PAC, but getting to the other areas is a bit shady.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org