A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 07:23:51 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you handle the right lane ends issue?  (Read 4750 times)
Rowdy
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2007, 06:25:03 am »

quote:
Originally posted by South_Tulsan

I can't stand the docility level of the typical driver in this town. When I roll up to a 2-into-1 intersection stoplight, I will switch lanes if it will put me at the front of one of the lanes.

When the light changes, I pass everyone, unless the car next to me has over 300 horsepower.

It has been my observation over the years that these 2-into-1 intersections have solved many arguments between spirited motorists... hehe.

You're exactly right.  Ever since I got a 300 plus hp car, it's much easier. Unfortunately, the others think it has to turn into a race.  They look at you like, "you have the audacity to move over into the other lane, well we will see about that.."
TurismoDreamin
Civic Leader

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2007, 01:20:16 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Rowdy

quote:
Originally posted by South_Tulsan

I can't stand the docility level of the typical driver in this town. When I roll up to a 2-into-1 intersection stoplight, I will switch lanes if it will put me at the front of one of the lanes.

When the light changes, I pass everyone, unless the car next to me has over 300 horsepower.

It has been my observation over the years that these 2-into-1 intersections have solved many arguments between spirited motorists... hehe.

You're exactly right.  Ever since I got a 300 plus hp car, it's much easier. Unfortunately, the others think it has to turn into a race.  They look at you like, "you have the audacity to move over into the other lane, well we will see about that.."

Well they look at people like that because both the driver in the merging lane and in the straight lane are well aware that the road merges ahead but:
-the driver in the merging lane thinks the rest of traffic won't let him in and that he'll have to force his way in, thus resulting in the high speed acceleration from the light and beyond
-the driver in the straight lane thinks they're right no matter what and should enforce their right of way instead of being the courteous and mature one

Either way you look at it, it's a lose-lose egotistical situation. Two wrong's won't make it right...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org