A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 05:36:49 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dream Jobs  (Read 6273 times)
Wilbur
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2007, 05:21:28 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by tulsa1603

I work as an architect, and it's what I always wanted to do as a kid,

George Costanza?  Is that you?
AMP
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2007, 08:10:20 pm »

Doing what I do now, but not having to drive 750 miles in a weekend to do it.
pfox
Civic Leader

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2007, 08:21:09 pm »

The job I have now is pretty dreamy.

"Our uniqueness is overshadowed by our inability to be unique."
TurismoDreamin
Civic Leader

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2007, 11:42:56 pm »

I would probably have to say:
-becoming an architect and draw up people's houses
-being a traveling photographer for National Geographic, GQ, or Travel magazine
-sitting back and do nothing while everyone buys my mircosoft merchandise and makes me the richest man on the face of the earth...and the moon!

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2007, 07:09:16 am »

I don't know, I've always wanted to be indecisive.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2007, 08:28:35 am »

quote:
Originally posted by AMP

Doing what I do now, but not having to drive 750 miles in a weekend to do it.

Do local gearheads and yourself a favor.  Lease Tulsa Speedway and re-open it. [Wink]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
restored2x
Disgraced - AGAIN!
Civic Leader

Marble steps - Charm City

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2007, 09:55:19 am »

quote:
Originally posted by mr.jaynes

quote:
Originally posted by restored2x

Write books for a living. Do seminars on the material in the books. Wait... I did that for a few years, but was married to a b. (Plus I was self-publishing - yuck.)

As a Cosmetologist, always trying a new idea, I though it would be neat to teach some of my techniques and styles to fellow artists, either through the seminar route or yes, even a self-published manual, but thought better of it. It's not so unique if the rest of the world knows it.

Don't diss your own plan - it's amazing how unique your ideas are when packaged correctly. If you're an expert - others will pay a premium for what you've got. The premium price in itself makes the material or skills you teach available to a select few, thus making your techniques "rare".

I say go for it!
mr.jaynes
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 01:47:55 pm »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by mr.jaynes

quote:

Write books for a living. Do seminars on the material in the books. Wait... I did that for a few years, but was married to a b. (Plus I was self-publishing - yuck.)

As a Cosmetologist, always trying a new idea, I though it would be neat to teach some of my techniques and styles to fellow artists, either through the seminar route or yes, even a self-published manual, but thought better of it. It's not so unique if the rest of the world knows it.

Don't diss your own plan - it's amazing how unique your ideas are when packaged correctly. If you're an expert - others will pay a premium for what you've got. The premium price in itself makes the material or skills you teach available to a select few, thus making your techniques "rare".

I say go for it!

Well, it is a thought, certainly one to ponder a little more closely! These are notions becoming that much more vivid. Be it the fashion scene in New York, or even resettling in Vegas, or even self-publishing and teaching, it does give me pause.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org