A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 03:22:38 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ghetto area around 61st and Peoria?  (Read 15797 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2007, 04:46:04 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sauerkraut

I was in Tulsa in late 2006 and had to find a address in North Tulsa around Admeral, I don't know what the other cross streets were it's been awhile- anyhow, this big wooden apartment complex on the corner there was really scary. In broad daylight kids and others were out all over the place, some climbing in & out of windows instead of using doors. I guess drug dealing had to have been going on too. I would not want to be near that place at night. I have never seen such a run-down shambled place with people still living in it. I believe the building started on Admeral and ran 1-2 blocks north. The building looked like it belonged in a  3rd world country though. Where was Tulsa's building inspector and code enforcer?

Even our boys in blue avoid some areas of town.  Not enough back-up.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org