A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 01:26:45 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 10 U.S. cities using renewable power sources  (Read 2323 times)
BixB
« on: July 02, 2007, 10:30:08 am »

Top 10 U.S. cities ranked by percentage of power from renewable resources  
Jun. 26, 2007

1. Oakland, Calif. - 17 percent          
2. Sacramento/San Francisco/San Jose, Calif. - 12 percent
3. Portland, Ore. - 10 percent            
4. Boston - 8.6 percent
5. San Diego - 8 percent                        
6. Austin, Texas - 6 percent
7. Los Angeles - 5 percent                        
8. Minneapolis - 4.5 percent
9. Seattle - 3.5 percent            
10. Chicago - 2.5 percent

Information courtesy of the SustainLane Web site:  http://sustainlane.us/articles/city_renewable_energy.jsp  

Does anyone know the percentage for Tulsa?

deinstein
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 03:51:14 pm »

Oakland has so many wind mills in the east hills. An enormous amount. That is all.
buckeye
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 01:02:41 pm »

How 'bout that, the company's headquartered in S.F.
DM
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 01:26:18 pm »

looks like tulsa is 40th right behind Houston. OKC is 49th.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 01:26:32 pm »

Hmmm, I thought a majority of the power grid in So. Cal. came from the Hoover Dam.  The numbers for LA are a lot lower than I would have expected unless Hoover is not considered "small scale hydro" on their web page.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sportyart
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 02:46:37 pm »

Huh, I thought with the 6 or so hydro dams that we have around Tulsa that it would be higher, but I guess that does not offest that much of the 2 coal plants and 4 or so gas plants.

Keystone
Grand
Hudson
Pump Back Station
Fort Gibson
Tenkiller
Webbers Falls
ect.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 03:14:17 pm »

FAIK, the Oologah dam, which sits in the shadow of the gas/coal plant at Oologah has no power-generating capabilities.  I've never understood why they wouldn't have had that capability when it was built.  It's about the same vintage as Keystone, Ft. Gibson, and Hudson, I think.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org