A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 01:35:12 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recycle Michael, Tree Limbs  (Read 3442 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« on: July 09, 2007, 01:16:42 pm »

RM,

I need to dispose of some felled tree limbs from last weeks storm.  Where do I take them and what are the hours?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 02:16:24 pm »

I'm not RM but I've taken tree limbs and such to the place linked below..

http://www.cityoftulsa.org/Environment/Greenwaste/

It's off of 56th North and Mingo. Hours are listed on the site I believe.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 02:35:19 pm »

I'm guessing the site is open and not affected by any flooding along Bird Creek?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 04:15:36 pm »

It was open when I came by there this afternoon.  It's high enough that Mingo Creek doesn't affect it.  The site closes at 430 so the workers can go clock out.  There's no electricity at the site.  Bring your driver's license to show you're a resident of Tulsa county.  Besides dropping off greenwaste, you can get mulch there too.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 08:19:36 pm »

The information above is all correct.

I am glad so many others know the correct information...

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 08:08:26 am »

In the past I've usually had just a few branches to bundle and take to the curb.  I lost 1/3 of a large Bradford Pear and had to cut it all up.

Wilbur
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 08:29:59 am »

I use the site frequently, both to drop off tree limbs and brush, and to pick up mulch.

The mulch isn't the best stuff around, but they will take a front end loader and load your pickup for you, which takes about 30 seconds.  Sure beats loading your truck/trailer with a shovel.

Because the mulch is whatever people have dropped off, you never know what might grow in your flower beds during the summer.

But it's all free, if there is such a thing.
charky
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 11:33:16 am »

What about disposing of used lumber? I'm redoing my deck and have a big pile of crummy 2x4s to offload.

My brother in law told me of some warehouse on Peoria north of Pine...but I can't find a contact number.

NellieBly
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 11:58:35 am »

Call 438-0101. It's a construction and demo landfill off of highway 169. Or call Tulsa Transfer at 583-3867.
Wilbur
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 06:57:04 pm »

Habitat For Humanity might take that at their 'used stuff' store.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org