A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 10:26:27 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can You Read This ?  (Read 3046 times)
AMP
« on: July 11, 2007, 11:38:18 pm »

Only great minds can read this

fi yuo cna raed this, yuo have a sgtrane mnid too

Cna yuo raed this? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveie e that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervti sy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed this forwrad it on.  

FORWARD ONLY IF YOU CAN READ IT.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 07:33:15 am »

The copy of this forward that I got said most people can read it.  But now I feel special.

Pretty cool in any event as everyone in my office could read it at about 75% their normal reading level.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
dbacks fan
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 08:16:38 am »

This explains why I could almost always solve the puzzels at Coney-Ilander.[8D]
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 08:52:16 am »

That's a trick of the brain. Sadly my brain is not be fully warmed up yet, I was not able to grasp much of it. I'll check it out latter as my brain warms up as the day goes on. thanx.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
waterboy
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 08:57:50 am »

Slow start, then my mind sort of re-programmed and it went fast. Only one word is still missing...sgtrane....strange?

In high school I took a speed reading class to prepare for college. Evelyn Roberts? Learned to read in phrases, then scanning paragraphs. Same concept.
Rowdy
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 06:15:34 am »

I cnat bleevie taht aynnoe hree cluondt usnaredtnd tsohe sneecents!
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 08:22:21 am »

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

In high school I took a speed reading class to prepare for college. Evelyn Roberts? Learned to read in phrases, then scanning paragraphs. Same concept.

Most scholarly articles are written in a point, discussion, point paragraph format.  You can easily grasp and discuss the content by reading the first sentence of each paragraph.  If you want to get more bold, read every other and backup whenever you get lost.  In some ways you actually are able to digest more of the POINT of the article as you are not bogged down by the discussion.

/clearly doesnt work in all situations and you run the risk of missing something important.

"cannon_fodder appears to be a very intelligent individual.  Really, he is just an idiot who sits in an office all day at a computer.  He has no idea what he is talking about and should probably be shot.  But certainly, he appears to be very intelligent." [Tongue]

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 04:51:35 pm »

He sertle con seeded whn admiring self in mirror/[Cheesy][Cheesy][Cheesy][Cheesy][Cheesy][Cheesy][Cheesy][Cheesy][Cheesy][Cheesy]

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
AMP
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 05:05:11 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

Most scholarly articles are written in a point, discussion, point paragraph format.  You can easily grasp and discuss the content by reading the first sentence of each paragraph.  If you want to get more bold, read every other and backup whenever you get lost.  In some ways you actually are able to digest more of the POINT of the article as you are not bogged down by the discussion.

/clearly doesnt work in all situations and you run the risk of missing something important.

"cannon_fodder appears to be a very intelligent individual.  Really, he is just an idiot who sits in an office all day at a computer.  He has no idea what he is talking about and should probably be shot.  But certainly, he appears to be very intelligent." [Tongue]

Most newspaper articles are composed in the same manner.  Headline, First sentence-paragraph etc.  Or they used to be.

Newspaper articles regarding events tend save space by abreviating too much at times.  They most times use "This Weekend" or "Saturday" instead of the actual calendar date with the month day and year and the time with am or pm designated.  Less space using 12/24/08 4pm, however with today's resluts from many public school systems that may be a mind boggler for many.
waterboy
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 07:59:34 pm »

Wish I had known that in college CF although I probably did that sort of instinctively since I am impatient with scholarly texts.

Shadows, remember when the crux of journalism was to ask and answer these questions with your story? Who, What, Why, When, Where. Now they seem so lazy as to be satisfied with Who and Where. I love NPR and use it as a refuge from the poor behavior of most other media but even they have lowered their standards. I heard a local INCOG fellow being interviewed about the river plan as part of the pr push to inform the public. The host asked him if there were going to be any locks and dams to enable travel from Sand Springs down to Bixby. The guest simply said, "No, there are no locks and dams planned". You could hear an oddness to his voice. But the interviewer didn't ask him "Why?, Why not?" or "Is it too late to add them?" Just moved on down his list of most likely prepared questions without seizing the moment. And he's one of the smarter guys on local radio.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org