A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 05:16:57 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Buildings and Streets  (Read 3460 times)
mrskns
« on: July 15, 2007, 08:23:27 pm »

Hi everyone, can someone tell me how to get to the Blue Cross & Blue Shield of OK building on S. Boulder?  I have an interview their in a few days.  Am I looking for a tall building or a campus???
mrskns
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 08:30:07 pm »

Did I hear that the Civic Center on Houston had been demolished? Is the Williams Center still dowtown? At one time it had shops and an ice rink.  I haven't lived in Tulsa since the 1980's and need to catch up.  Thanks!
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 08:40:04 pm »

The Blue Cross Blue Shield building is in the south end of downtown.

Boulder is one block west of Main street.

Take 15th street into downtown, turn on Boulder and go three blocks to 1215 S. Boulder.

Power is nothing till you use it.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 09:03:02 pm »

The convention center is on houston and going to be remodeled shortly.

The civic center on Denver has an unknown future, but many offices are moving.

The Williams Center Forum that once had an ice rink, is now office space.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 09:31:51 pm »

The Williams Center is no more. It was turned into a very impressive energy trading floor. Looked like something you would see in the movies as being in NY or Chicago.  But Williams ran into some "questionable" energy trading problems and practically destroyed the company. They have finally pulled out from this nightmare and have been growing once again. However the trading floor was sold a couple of months ago. Another 400 or so employees going to Houston I suppose. So no telling what will happen to the space where the trading floor is now. Hopefully this is the last of that major exodus of jobs from Tulsa for a while.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
DM
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 10:21:57 pm »

Look for the big BC/BS icon on the top of the building. [Smiley] Very hard to miss.

Didnt it use to spin?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 07:57:43 am »

Hey, isnt there two BC/BS buildings downtown?  One on either side of the BA?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
mrskns
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 05:31:49 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

Are they tall glass buildings or campuses?  I am trying to find them on Google Earth.  Thanks for all your help.
Wilbur
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 06:21:24 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

Yes.  Isn't the other at 18th and Baltimore?
mrskns
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 08:14:33 pm »

Is there another BCBSOK building?  Is the building a tall glass building with the logo on top?

Also, when I lived in Tulsa in the 80's there was a drive-in movie theatre on... let's see... 31st and Harvard??? Is it still there?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 08:25:04 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by mrskns

Is there another BCBSOK building?  Is the building a tall glass building with the logo on top?

Also, when I lived in Tulsa in the 80's there was a drive-in movie theatre on... let's see... 31st and Harvard??? Is it still there?

There is a drive-in on admiral still.
Okie2
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 11:45:18 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by mrskns

There are three BCBSOK buildings downtown. The main building is at 1215 S Boulder, but HR is at 1401 S Boulder. The third is at 1400 S Boston.
mrskns
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 08:25:37 pm »

Are all of the buildings in a safe area?
Okie2
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 09:36:18 pm »

Yes. BCBSOK has security that drives around during business hours. About 70% of the employees are female so BCBSOK tries to be very security conscious.

If you are going to the main building there is visitor parking on the north side of the building.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org