A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 11:16:25 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone work(ed) for Pennwell?  (Read 2568 times)
sledbet
« on: July 18, 2007, 08:35:15 am »

Please pardon me for asking this question but I could not locate a Tulsa forum dealing with local employers...I'm thinking of applying for a job at Pennwell. Have you worked there? Is it a good place or a bad place to work? It seems to me they have jobs in the Tulsa World often. This makes me wonder if they have a lot of employee turnover. Thanks for your help!
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 09:31:33 am »

I had some contact with them from the Energy Law Journal when I was at the University of Tulsa... I'm afraid I do not know how good of an employer they are, but they do enjoy a good reputation in their niche industry (oil and gas publishing).

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 09:39:15 am »

I've worked with some of their pre-press people when providing materials for ads in O&GJ. The few I have had contact with have been there a long time, so that's something anyway.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 10:14:40 am »

I have friends employed there.  They've been there for a good amount of time and seem to enjoy it.

I've not asked them likes and dislikes so I can't give you a run-down but they don't do the happy hour "my job sucks and let me tell you why" thing.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 11:48:16 am »

I know a couple of people who work there and like it.
AMP
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 04:29:45 pm »

Provided personnel for them.  Mostly on projects, insertions, re-work, crunch times.  However we did have some long-term assignments that were temp to perm, and several of those people that fit the criteria and earned a position, may still be there.  

Demanding job with deadlines, hot and cold work areas, not much climate control back in certain areas of the pressroom which is not uncommon with most blue collar warehouse and shop positions in the Tulsa area.   Front-end office personnel areas are climate controlled.  

Overall never experienced many turnovers there.  Can't recall a complaint from any of our employees or their management.

Most people we assigned there were happy with the assignment.  I enjoyed servicing them.  
mr.jaynes
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 05:24:53 pm »

Back in 1988, I was driving by there, and I saw a number of their people on strike on the picket line, but again that was 1988.
sledbet
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 09:29:22 am »

Thanks bunches everyone!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org