A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 09:33:16 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mowing grass  (Read 2297 times)
NellieBly
« on: July 24, 2007, 09:42:55 am »

I understand the mayor is trying, but they just mowed the park by my house and I swear it looks worse. Instead of tall grass and weeds, the park is now filled with tall grass clippings and they missed some parts of it. It looks like a five-year-old with dull scissors cut it. They half-heartedly edged around the curbs and they didn't bother to pick up the grass covering the walking trail.

I think I prefer the natural look.

BTW I hear there is a city-wide trash clean up August 4.

The funny part of this whole rush to put lipstick on this pig, or Tulsa, I mean, is that a lot of the people for the PGA are already in town. They've seen our tall grass and trash already. I'm not opposed to all this effort, but it shouldn't have been left to literally, the last minute.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 10:03:03 am »

I hope the PGA crowd all rented Hummers and half-tracks to navigate our bombed-out streets.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Joey
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 10:40:43 am »

what's this trash day you speak of? I am in the middle of a remodel and have some trash I need to dispose of.
NellieBly
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 12:01:26 pm »

It's a clean up day...as in go outside and pick up trash in your neighborhood.

Construction debris should be taken to the C&D landfill at 13012 E. Hwy 266 (off of hwy 169).
Rowdy
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 06:35:34 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by NellieBly

It's a clean up day...as in go outside and pick up trash in your neighborhood.

Construction debris should be taken to the C&D landfill at 13012 E. Hwy 266 (off of hwy 169).

I think we need a good hygiene day for all.
inteller
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 06:49:12 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

I hope the PGA crowd all rented Hummers and half-tracks to navigate our bombed-out streets.

if they have tickets to the PGA shindig, chances are they can afford to rent hummers.
Wrinkle
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 09:00:03 am »

Charles Hardt to the 'rescue'.
He's going to 'try' and find an additional $1 Million for mowing (Note: $1M is TWICE the current mowing budget) from FEMA revenues from last Winter's bonus program.

Anyone else recall our $22 Million Sales Tax SURPLUS and $18 Million Use Tax SURPLUS from June 30, 2007?

There, there's $40 Million to play with, not counting the $5+Million in Utility Rate increases and the new EMSA Tax (which is generating 2X the required amount).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org