News:

Long overdue maintenance happening. See post in the top forum.

Main Menu

Let's try a new way of discussing immigration..

Started by Admin, July 25, 2007, 09:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kakie

I find it somewhat interesting that the lawsuit against HB 1804 hasn't been filed yet even though they have threatened to do so now for over a month.  Do you think there is a reason it hasn't been filed yet?  Do you think it will ultimately be defeated?

sauerkraut

I guess rather than mess with a long fight over #1804 many illegal aliens figure it's cheaper and just as easy to cross over to another state. The illegals don't want to make a home in Oklahoma, and build up a family and secure a job and everything only to risk it all being snatched away and risk living in limbo till a final court ruling on the bill comes down. The Missouri and Arkansas state line is only 100 miles away from Tulsa and Kansas is a less than 100 miles away. In other areas of the state of Okhahoma  some illegals will flee to Texas, New Mexico or Colorado. The good news is #1804 is working and doing it's job. All we need is a Federal law like #1804 and the illegals will have no place to go but home. #1804 Rockz![:)]
Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!

kakie

Found this most interesting:

ACTION ALERT: Charges of Ethnic Cleansing in Tulsa by Latino Leader

In an October 4th Presidential Bulletin, Rev. Miguel Rivera, President of the National Coalition of Latino Clergy and member of President Bush's White House Immigration Reform Coalition, said that within hours a lawsuit to defeat Oklahoma's anti-illegal foreign national law will be filed. He also said the Mexican American Legal Defense Fund will jointly contribute their legal support. In a translated version of the bulletin, Rivera makes the deeply disturbing claim that ethnic cleansing is taking place in Tulsa.

http://ztruth.typepad.com/ztruth/2007/10/charges-of-ethn.html

USRufnex

quote:
Originally posted by sauerkraut

I guess rather than mess with a long fight over #1804 many illegal aliens figure it's cheaper and just as easy to cross over to another state. The illegals don't want to make a home in Oklahoma, and build up a family and secure a job and everything only to risk it all being snatched away and risk living in limbo till a final court ruling on the bill comes down. The Missouri and Arkansas state line is only 100 miles away from Tulsa and Kansas is a less than 100 miles away. In other areas of the state of Okhahoma  some illegals will flee to Texas, New Mexico or Colorado. The good news is #1804 is working and doing it's job. All we need is a Federal law like #1804 and the illegals will have no place to go but home. #1804 Rockz![:)]

GOOD people will leave this state... this does NOT solve any problems at all... it only makes Oklahoma LESS COMPETITIVE.

GOOD people do not want to be detained for hours at the DMV or after a simple traffic stop...

We'll lose GOOD PEOPLE to other states... most of whom are here legally... some not, but they've been in this country for years and years... stop treating good people who just want to work like they're some sort of sub-human invasion force...

If there were national laws involved, I'd consider this to be merely draconian and a knee-jerk response to immigration problems... but a law like this in the state of Oklahoma is JUST PLAIN STUPID.

***once again, this thread has gone off course and deserves to moved to politics... hint, hint...

Rico

Ok....Ok... Ok already let's discuss this whole "Immigration thing" a little differently...

All right....
I want all the "Vatos" to stand on the right..

And let's have all the "Cholos" over here on the left

Ok almost there.....

all the  "Mojados" lets have right down here in the center..

Now that we have everyone in their own little category....

Let's see some facts....

The only group of illegal aliens are the "Mojados"..

Crime is far more prevalent among the "Cholos" and the "Vatos" than the "Mojados"....

The "Vatos" and the "Cholos" are here legally.... Should we pass some kind of law, that when we round up all the illegals, we have them take every blood relative they have within our borders back with them....

I like that idea... But I would like to see the scope of that magnified slightly....

Anyone in the United States that is not a legal citizen.... whether they be Asian, European, African, Middle Eastern or far Eastern and anyone that I may have left out..... gone Now.

I guess the first stone to unearth would be all of the descendants of the Pilgrims. They after all were criminals evading justice.

Next any of the Asians that had entered to escape the Communist regime whether it be Mao or the Khmer Rouge....

And then on to the Cubans that attempt to land now During Castro and even when Batiste was the Leader of Cuba...  

Little by little we will rid our Nation of the widespread garbage that has been strewn on our shores...!Yes..!
See you later you white devils.....  
[}:)]

billintulsa

I haven't read through all of the previous posts, so please forgive me if I am repeating.

In my opinion this isn't an issue of immigration, it's an issue of special treatment.

There are methods by which people of other citizenry can immigrate to the United States and it has been done millions of times.  For any group of people to demand special treatment is unfair to the rest of the immigrants who legally entered the United States and is a slap in the face to their hard work required to obtain citizenship.

Solution: enforce the current laws.

kakie

Action: Latino Clergy Coalition Believes it Has More Power Than the Citizens of Oklahoma
A so-called Christian group who is working for the "Latino Community" in our country believes it can tell our state what to do.  Today they filed a lawsuit to stop our new anti-illegal foreign national law, HB 1804.

"The sheriff of Tulsa County is guilty of ethnic cleansing and I can tell you very clear, that we will continue pursuing to find the reasons why these people have committed these atrocities against our Latino community," said Rev. Miguel Rivera with the National Coalition of Latino Clergy."

http://ztruth.typepad.com/ztruth/2007/10/action-the-sher.html