A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 09:35:50 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: McMansions  (Read 11714 times)
booWorld
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2007, 08:01:56 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

Tell me more about your hood.

I've posted many times about my neighborhood.  At the risk of boring you and others with the subject, I am hesitant to spend time telling you more about it.
waterboy
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2007, 09:32:59 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by booWorld

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

Tell me more about your hood.

I've posted many times about my neighborhood.  At the risk of boring you and others with the subject, I am hesitant to spend time telling you more about it.

Don't be so sensitive. I didn't mean you were boring. You were using a device of asking the same question over and over even though you knew they weren't going to answer. They weren't going to answer because they were exaggerating. The whole thing was boring. My apology if I jerked your chain too hard.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2007, 12:25:12 pm »

I think booWorld lives in Riverview like I do. My house was built in 1909 with old growth wood and it is the coolest looking craftsman. My street has not experienced tear downs for replacement homes, most of the old homes are being meticulously restored. Now the surrounding streets have seen plenty of tear downs in favor of parking lots.
booWorld
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2008, 12:27:42 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by carltonplace

I think booWorld lives in Riverview like I do.

Yes, I've lived in Riverview since 1989.  Off the top of my head, I can't think of any McMansions built in Riverview since I've lived here.  The two houses at the southeast corner of 16th and Carson might come the closest to being "McMansions" but I seriously doubt if they violate zoning regulations in regards to setback and height.  Compared to the looming scale and character of Liberty Tower, University Club Tower, Metro Lofts, and Mansion House, those two houses blend well with the existing neighborhood.  I've noticed tear-downs for commercial use or for parking lots, but McMansions aren't a current problem in Riverview.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2008, 03:07:32 pm »

Since BooWorld is reviving so many stalled discussions, please allow me to nominate this one as the poster child for current bad infill:

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8113

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org