A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 09:37:41 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miss Teen South Carolina  (Read 11650 times)
jiminy
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 04:03:01 pm »

I agree sgrizzle, I've watched it many times and it never fails to make me laugh out loud.  The ending just really seals the deal, with the zoom-out to Slater showing him using all his powers of concentration to keep from laughing, then his low subtle "Thank you miss South Carolina" as he backs away with that grin, while she is standing there with her hands on her hips and that million dollar smile, like she just nailed it. Truly a moment to treasure.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 07:48:56 am »

Well, I hope this helps the poor li'l gal:

On KFAQ, Mudlock played a clip of her Today Show appearance this morning: she and all of her friends know where America is on the map.

I'm glad that's settled.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 08:06:16 am »

What about Iraq, South Africa and Asia?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
rwarn17588
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 08:13:56 am »

What about Poland?
iplaw
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2007, 08:59:53 am »

She was saying something in that video?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2007, 09:17:21 am »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

What about Iraq, South Africa and Asia?

No, no, no!  It's "The Iraq".

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2007, 09:20:59 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Well, I hope this helps the poor li'l gal:

On KFAQ, Mudlock played a clip of her Today Show appearance this morning: she and all of her friends know where America is on the map.

I'm glad that's settled.

Sure, NOW she does. She's been in intense training the last few days.
iplaw
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2007, 10:18:54 am »

Off to Playboy for her now...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2007, 01:56:26 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by iplaw

Off to Playboy for her now...

Aye
Porky
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2007, 07:03:22 pm »

You guys all sound like she's all grown up and not a young teenager standing in front of 1000's and have millions watching her during that statement.

I'm sure you all could of done a better job at that age being properly responsive to the question in front of millions of viewers...... am I right?

Or is it some insecurity issue you are all dealing with trying to trash a beautiful young lady?

Whatever your reasons are for trashing her, obviously it is a reflection of who you are....am I right?

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2007, 07:30:33 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Porky

You guys all sound like she's all grown up and not a young teenager standing in front of 1000's and have millions watching her during that statement.

I'm sure you all could of done a better job at that age being properly responsive to the question in front of millions of viewers...... am I right?

Or is it some insecurity issue you are all dealing with trying to trash a beautiful young lady?

Whatever your reasons are for trashing her, obviously it is a reflection of who you are....am I right?

It's not a one time fear thing. She said after the contest she was going home to "eats me some hamburgers" and that she didn't know what the question meant. Yeah she got nervous and made it worse but she had it wrong to start with.

If I ever make it on TV (which I hope doesn't happen) I fully expect to be critiqued and ridiculed thoroughly.
Porky
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2007, 08:26:15 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

It's not a one time fear thing. She said after the contest she was going home to "eats me some hamburgers" and that she didn't know what the question meant. Yeah she got nervous and made it worse but she had it wrong to start with.

Oh well,then should we start the bashing of gays and blacks? Or is it ok for a bunch of middle age men to be bashing teenage girls?

Anyone want to put down a black person or a gay person, or should we just keep it to a young teenage girl that will be hurt for life over this experience that you middle age men feel right in hammering on?

I mean really, what the heck gives?HuhHuh

Why do any of you feel enjoyment or humor in putting down someone like this? She was a normal child with a thought of bettering herself but now the middle age men of America decide she's fair game in destroying her life, I just don't get it but then I'm not ate up with self denial.

How many of you guys bashing this young lady have daughters? I doubt any of you and if you do........well, it would suck to have you as a Dad. What a load of crap........

[V]
jiminy
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2007, 08:40:20 pm »

jeez, pull yourself together guy, nobody is wishing the girl ill will or anything, we just think the clip is hilarious.  As noted, her life is not going to be destroyed or even harmed in any way, in fact she has been on the Today show and I believe Letterman, so this was probably the best thing to happen to her.  If Jessica Simpson can do it, so can she.
Porky
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2007, 08:43:39 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy

jeez, pull yourself together guy, nobody is wishing the girl ill will or anything, we just think the clip is hilarious.  As noted, her life is not going to be destroyed or even harmed in any way, in fact she has been on the Today show and I believe Letterman, so this was probably the best thing to happen to her.  If Jessica Simpson can do it, so can she.

No problem then, you want to be the first person to rip off some humor at a gay or black person?

edited to add: Just because she was strong enough to go on Letterman and redeem herself, do you feel any better about yourself if she wasn't able to do this and was destroyed for life by the so called humorous attacks on her?
booWorld
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2007, 08:52:34 pm »

I caught a few suggested answers to the question on KFAQ today.  The best answer I heard was something like this:

The reason why 20% of Americans can't find the United States on a map is because they are spending their time watching superficial TV programs such as this pageant instead of looking at maps of the world.

That's my paraphrase.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org