A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 09:43:20 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miss Teen South Carolina  (Read 11660 times)
jiminy
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2007, 09:03:46 pm »

I tried to find the survey that says this, and there is none.  The closest I could find was a National Geographic survey that said that 6% of 18-24 year old Americans couldn't find the US on a world map.  That's a far cry from 20%.  I think the judge or whoever prepared the questions is the one that bungled things up.  Maybe they saw 5% and somehow interpreted that as one-fifth.  
Porky, it seems you are looking for a cause, and there really isn't one here.
jiminy
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2007, 09:07:47 pm »

On the other hand, Porky, if you had just come from viewing the Youtube video and had read the comments people left there, then yeah, I was disturbed by a lot of them too.  It's scary how dark and evil the minds of people hiding behind internet anonymity can be.
Porky
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2007, 09:15:14 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy

Porky, it seems you are looking for a cause, and there really isn't one here.

.....and you wonder why they refer to us as showvenist. No cause here jiminy, just respect to those that warrant it, obviously something that you will never be able to obtain.

It's sad that we live in a time when someone wants to respect their fellow person it's referred to as having a cause.
jiminy
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2007, 09:24:36 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Porky

.....and you wonder why they refer to us as showvenist. No cause here jiminy, just respect to those that warrant it, obviously something that you will never be able to obtain.

I SAID she was the frontrunner.
booWorld
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2007, 10:02:43 pm »

This is primarily a beauty contest.  Miss Teen South Carolina set herself up for ridicule by voluntarily entering the contest.

I got a chuckle out of her ditsy response.  I have no qualms laughing at someone who, if she plays her cards right, could likely be far richer by her mid-20s than this U.S. American ever will be (like such as).  If she can laugh at herself, then she could have a very "bright" future.

Toss, toss.
iplaw
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2007, 07:30:41 am »

quote:
showvenist
Maybe the same reason she can't find "The Iraq" on a map is the same reason you can't find that word in the dictionary...[Wink]
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2007, 07:56:55 am »

Porky,

I will happily make fun of any gay person or black person that goes on national TV to say "Look at me, look at me because I'm a perfect model of what a teenage girl (gay/black) should be.  Everyone, look at me!"  

When you stand up and shout "look at me" and then make a complete donkey of yourself, the world will make fun of you.  And rightly so.  That way, I can point to her and say to my daughter - "honey, don't be like her."  

I do not make fun of random teenage girls, I do not make fun of random black people, nor random gay people.  The situation is not analogous.  She threw herself into the public spotlight for her own gain, and then made made herself sound like an idiot.  SHE threw herself in the spotlight and SHE made herself out to be an idiot.  

and for the record, I'm not middle aged.  You're not middle aged until 50.  That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

[edit]
Oh yeah, I came here to post this:
http://www.mapsforus.org/

Now we can all have maps, and such as.
[/edit]

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2007, 08:55:30 am »

Porky,

Holy crap.

Townsend
Porky
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2007, 11:18:35 am »

Well I must be wrong, since everyone seems to be saying basically the same thing.

So I guess it's okay to start making fun of people making fools of themselves like Senator Rump Ranger Craig for yanking on the wrong leg in the restroom at the Minneapolis Airport. Or we can make jokes about that fool Ray Nagin for drowning his own people because he thought they would all float. But they wouldn't be near the fun to bash as some female teenager trying to better herself, would it?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2007, 11:28:41 am »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

I was going to post that!
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2007, 11:33:22 am »

So Porky, when would it be OK to make fun of someone?  If not when someone goes on TV to prove how cool they are and utters such things, then when?

and you're not wrong.  Its just an opinion.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Porky
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2007, 09:32:45 pm »

quote:

So Porky, when would it be OK to make fun of someone?  If not when someone goes on TV to prove how cool they are and utters such things, then when?

My answer to this CF is never, just that simple.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2007, 10:02:27 pm »

So why not post that?  Why single this out as a great travesty to make fun of a poor little teenage girl?  Why are you not all over AOX every time he jabs GW, or IP when he goes off on Hillary, or the constant jabs at Paris Hilton et al?  You did not chime in on this subject until now, so apparently you either just acquired this ethos or for some reason only felt the need to enforce it now.

Being made fun of can serve a useful societal purpose in sending a message.  The stinky kid at school learns about deodorant, the over confident are cut down to size, and the "I think I'm cool" pageant queen learns that the spotlight is not always lime.  Not too mention the entertainment and stress relief values of comedy in general.

But your position is duly noted.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
TulsaFan-inTexas
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2007, 05:32:58 am »

quote:

Porky,

I will happily make fun of any gay person or black person that goes on national TV to say "Look at me, look at me because I'm a perfect model of what a teenage girl (gay/black) should be.  Everyone, look at me!"  

When you stand up and shout "look at me" and then make a complete donkey of yourself, the world will make fun of you.  And rightly so.  That way, I can point to her and say to my daughter - "honey, don't be like her."  

I do not make fun of random teenage girls, I do not make fun of random black people, nor random gay people.  The situation is not analogous.  She threw herself into the public spotlight for her own gain, and then made made herself sound like an idiot.  SHE threw herself in the spotlight and SHE made herself out to be an idiot.  

and for the record, I'm not middle aged.  You're not middle aged until 50.  That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

[edit]

[/edit]

That website is FREAKING HILARIOUS! I haven't laughed that hard in a long, long, time. Such as.

Thanks CF!
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2007, 09:20:31 pm »

Glad I could help.

I also feel obligated to point out that Miss Game Cock is now attending school at Appalachian State University in West Virginia.  App state - as in we just beat Michigan in the Big House App state.

To clarify for non-football fans.  Michigan is MICHIGAN.  One of the top 20 football programs ever.  They were ranked #5 in the nation.  They play in front of an average crowd of 110,000 people.

App State is literally not in the same division.  They play in from of an average crowd of 10,000 people (100,000 less).  Las Vegas did not even give this game a line, you could not bet on it because it was so one sided.  Yet App State won.  Rock over London, Rock on Chicago (major props if anyone gets that reference without Google).

It would be like Roger's State beating OU.  Michigan has been playing football since 1881 and has NEVER lost a home opener to an unranked opponent and never lost to someone in a lower division.  O-V-E-R R-A-T-E-D!

Welcome to 6 degrees of Miss Game cock.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org