News:

Long overdue maintenance happening. See post in the top forum.

Main Menu

KRMG kills their noon news

Started by RecycleMichael, October 08, 2007, 09:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RecycleMichael

KRMG has an announcement on their website that says they are making changes to the schedule, effective October 15th.

The morning show will end at 8:30am instead of 9:00am and the noon local news show will be canceled all together. Now we can hear Rush Limbaugh live rather than a one hour tape delay.

I suppose this means they will be letting some of the reporters and producers go as well.

I want more local news talk radio, not less.
Power is nothing till you use it.

MichaelBates

This probably means the end of the occasional debate broadcasts from the Downtown Kiwanis Club luncheon, too, since KRMG could preempt the last half hour of Midday Oklahoma to broadcast the debates. Maybe KWGS will pick those up.

I agree with RM -- we need more local news coverage and content, not less.

How are they going to do three and a quarter hours of Boortz? They could have kept Boortz at three hours and run a thirty-minute midday broadcast at 11:30.

Chicken Little

I've been wanting better statehouse coverage, too.  Ever listen to NPR in OKC and Stillwater?  They have excellent State and legislative news.  KWGS has nothing...that imbalance bugs me.  No wonder Tulsa can't get a fair shake from the legislature, we don't even know what's they're voting on.

Count me in for more local news, too.

sgrizzle

guido911

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

What's a radio?

Good point
Someone get Hoss a pacifier.

cannon_fodder

The state of affairs is - people would rather hear Rush, Hannity and Boortz rant about national topics (or occasional micro situations) than local news.  Or even local takes on national news.  Most people dont *really* care about what they can do at a local level, easy easy to listen and nod your head at something bigger than you are.

Bah!
- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.

sgrizzle

TulsaNow should start a radio show. People like DoubleA, iplaw, conan all discussing/debating the issues.

Johnboy976

You have to throw in Chicken Little to give it some spice, and an extra level of negativity.

sgrizzle

If we want that, we can check into what AOX is doing..

billintulsa

We could get Paul Tay to give traffic reports.
[:D]

tim huntzinger

They just run too many commercials during their local programming.  That, and they played too safe with the local issues, just too milquetoast.  Too bad about Rush's new schedule, that puts a severe damper on my afternoon naptime.

iplaw

quote:

TulsaNow should start a radio show. People like DoubleA, iplaw, conan all discussing/debating the issues.

Didn't our buddy Altruismsniffer start a radio program?

sgrizzle

quote:
Originally posted by iplaw

quote:

Didn't our buddy Altruismsniffer start a radio program?

I hope your kidding.