News:

Long overdue maintenance happening. See post in the top forum.

Main Menu

Randy Miller MIA

Started by Townsend, October 10, 2007, 11:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sangria

Well, a few people voted no because there was not amount of money to be collected listed on the ballot. They were also disturbed by the question mark following the date the tax was to end.

Most saw a lot of promises being made to communities who were not on the river. Promises that had no facts on how they would pay for it. So it is assumed that if the tax got passed it would never die so it could pay for the promises.

I was just wondering "What's the rush? What is so magical about right now?" What will it hurt to wait a few years and fix the streets, get more officers on the job.

It bothered me that Tulsa's wealthiest were threatening us to get us to vote yes.

They wanted everyone to vote them a blank check. No questions asked.

Chicken Little

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Tulsa is owed Zink Lake improvements from V-2025 which, AFAIK were not contingent on Federal matching funds.
Funny, when I click here, I find out that you are wrong.  Conan, that was just another half-truth that was spread by the kind of people who don't mind spreading half-truths.  Note that they aren't talking about it anymore.  Perpetuating this myth no longer serves them; they'd just as soon you forget about it.

waterboy

quote:
Originally posted by YoungTulsan

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

Could you guys come to some sort of consensus? Do you want the county involved with river development or not? You complained loudly when she took the lead, which previous mayors only talked about, and now you complain because she drops the lead. Is a person only a good leader when you all agree with them?

But I think looking at Vision 2025, and looking at this vote, only river communities want to support "river development".  So unless it is one piece of an overall "economic development" issue that has other portions to bribe benefit other parts of the county - Then we need to focus on more local initiatives, city issues.  V2025 was a push to get an arena built that ended up costing nearly a billion dollars to pay off other parts of the community into approving that arena.  I'd rather not see a low water dam and land acquisition issue get bloated into another billion dollar issue just to entice people into accomplishing your initial goal of those river improvements.

This much I actually very much agree with you. I'm just about through sulking if some of the aginners would stop replaying their feeble arguments over and over even though they prevailed. I still think it was a missed opportunity to leverage someone else's money, but whatever.  We aren't going to get roads so if someone has a better plan they should start building coalitions or we'll be talking about this for the next twenty years.

Conan71

quote:
Originally posted by Chicken Little

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Tulsa is owed Zink Lake improvements from V-2025 which, AFAIK were not contingent on Federal matching funds.
Funny, when I click here, I find out that you are wrong.  Conan, that was just another half-truth that was spread by the kind of people who don't mind spreading half-truths.  Note that they aren't talking about it anymore.  Perpetuating this myth no longer serves them; they'd just as soon you forget about it.

Prop IV, page 5

Prop IV V-2025

Zink Lake shoreline beautification, $1.8mm

Zink Lake upstream catch basin, $2.1mm

No mention of matching funds in the proposition.  I'm assuming the page you linked to was saying that projects were on hold pending further funding.  

"Informational" documents which were presented by proponents really, really torqued me.  A memo and a posting on a web site as you referenced.  Perhaps my understanding of the law is weak.  Far as I'm concerned only the propositions and the ballot construed a legal contract with voters.

But let's move on.  This is getting old.

I just want them to use the funds raised locally through the V-2025 tax for river-related projects.  We should be able to do something with around $9mm earmarked in the tax package for the river.
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first" -Ronald Reagan

RecycleMichael

Maybe Robbie Bell will run against Randi Miller.
Power is nothing till you use it.

Conan71

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

Maybe Robbie Bell will run against Randi Miller.

I don't think he will do it.  She will black mail him with "the business plan"

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first" -Ronald Reagan

Shavethewhales

^Were you not around when Bell's plans were revealed? They were going to re-do the park entirely from the ground up, and a new roller coaster would have been built for the 2008 season that would have been the state's largest. Don't listen to that though, it's much funner to pass Robby off as a fool because he doesn't run out to defend himself against every half-assed personal attack.

Conan71

quote:
Originally posted by Shavethewhales

^Were you not around when Bell's plans were revealed? They were going to re-do the park entirely from the ground up, and a new roller coaster would have been built for the 2008 season that would have been the state's largest. Don't listen to that though, it's much funner to pass Robby off as a fool because he doesn't run out to defend himself against every half-assed personal attack.

Shave, relax, I'm a Robby fan.  That was created on another topic when Randi Miller was wanting to "expose" the business plan.  I'm just as miffed as anyone they were jack-booted in the face of some serious improvements they had on the table.