News:

Long overdue maintenance happening. See post in the top forum.

Main Menu

Kudos Recycle

Started by Conan71, October 11, 2007, 07:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conan71

RM,

Nice mug shot in the paper this morning.  Great program to trade out mercury thermometers with digital ones.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first" -Ronald Reagan

sgrizzle

cannon_fodder

My thought when I read that article this AM was how cool it was to play with mercury in the lab.  Oh the good times, if only they still sold mercury thermometers.  I guess digital will have to do. [xx(]

"spokes- woman"

"dan- gerous"

"thermom- eters"

Who is this Dan Gerous they speak of?  I presume they failed to reformat it from the print format.  Funny though.
- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.

RecycleMichael

Power is nothing till you use it.

Townsend

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

Damn, I look old.

"distinguished"

Townsend

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

My thought when I read that article this AM was how cool it was to play with mercury in the lab.  Oh the good times, if only they still sold mercury thermometers.  I guess digital will have to do. [xx(]

"spokes- woman"

"dan- gerous"

"thermom- eters"

Who is this Dan Gerous they speak of?  I presume they failed to reformat it from the print format.  Funny though.

Maybe his wife decided to hyphenate her name and it bent his brain.

cannon_fodder

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.

brunoflipper

wth is that zingo in the background??
"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/

jne

quote:
Originally posted by brunoflipper

wth is that zingo in the background??

LOL - that is exactly what I was going to say!
Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.

RecycleMichael

This picture is from a few years ago in front of the PSO substation at 34th and Sheridan.

I had a press conference because I just convinced them to give me some free land. Nobody else was stupid enough to build a business that close to the powerlines.

It is now the home of one of my better recycling centers.

sgrizzle

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

This picture is from a few years ago in front of the PSO substation at 34th and Sheridan.

I had a press conference because I just convinced them to give me some free land. Nobody else was stupid enough to build a business that close to the powerlines.

It is now the home of one of my better recycling centers.

I'd put it in your top 1 list.

RecycleMichael

It is number two in terms of customers and tons collected.

Our Broken Arrow recycling location is the best center in the five state area.

TheArtist

I wonder how long term the effects are of any potential mercury problems. My mom was a geology professor. I remember, as a little kid, sneaking into part of the lab and getting a small vial of the mercury. I took it home and played with it for days. I remembered how heavy it felt and how it would roll around on my toungue lol. Some of it got lost down the sink, other got lost in the carpet. Part of it invariably got absorbed into my body I am sure lol. I have no idea what house that was, we moved so much when I was a kid. Does it stay in your body and kill you later lol? or does it go on through so that if there was any damage it would have already been done? Perhaps thats why I cant add 2 numbers together, it killed my math brain cells. [:P]
"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h

RecycleMichael

Yes, you probably lost some brain power from those experiences with mercury.

Here is some health information about mercury exposure from our website...

http://www.metrecycle.com/merc%5Fweb/health_effects.htm

Conan71

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

I wonder how long term the effects are of any potential mercury problems. My mom was a geology professor. I remember, as a little kid, sneaking into part of the lab and getting a small vial of the mercury. I took it home and played with it for days. I remembered how heavy it felt and how it would roll around on my toungue lol. Some of it got lost down the sink, other got lost in the carpet. Part of it invariably got absorbed into my body I am sure lol. I have no idea what house that was, we moved so much when I was a kid. Does it stay in your body and kill you later lol? or does it go on through so that if there was any damage it would have already been done? Perhaps thats why I cant add 2 numbers together, it killed my math brain cells. [:P]

I've already decided that mercury, chemicals, asbestos, smoking, chewing tobacco, fatty food, carbs, alcohol, cell phones, cancer, etc. won't kill me.

Death will.

[:P]
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first" -Ronald Reagan