News:

Long overdue maintenance happening. See post in the top forum.

Main Menu

Kudos Recycle

Started by Conan71, October 11, 2007, 07:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RecycleMichael

I believe that white laboratory coats cause cancer in rats.
Power is nothing till you use it.

brunoflipper

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

I wonder how long term the effects are of any potential mercury problems. My mom was a geology professor. I remember, as a little kid, sneaking into part of the lab and getting a small vial of the mercury. I took it home and played with it for days. I remembered how heavy it felt and how it would roll around on my toungue lol. Some of it got lost down the sink, other got lost in the carpet. Part of it invariably got absorbed into my body I am sure lol. I have no idea what house that was, we moved so much when I was a kid. Does it stay in your body and kill you later lol? or does it go on through so that if there was any damage it would have already been done? Perhaps thats why I cant add 2 numbers together, it killed my math brain cells. [:P]

yep, just chalk up that short term memory loss to Hg... you can throw in mood  disturbances, insomnia, muscle weakness, loss of coordination, hearing impairment and peripheral vision loss...
you're not getting older you've have mercury toxicity...

wait a minute, now i'm convinced that beer has mercury in it... because that is exactly how i feel after a few...
"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/

LisaPeace

Our science teacher in 4th grade spilled out a bunch of mercury on one of our classroom tables and let us all play with it.  We were, of course, mesmerized.  

I'm thinking that now, I'll just blame my lower brain cell count on that "experiment" and stop blaming in on all the pot I smoked when I was younger!

Yay! I sound more responsible already!

TheArtist

quote:
Originally posted by LisaPeace

Our science teacher in 4th grade spilled out a bunch of mercury on one of our classroom tables and let us all play with it.  We were, of course, mesmerized.  

I'm thinking that now, I'll just blame my lower brain cell count on that "experiment" and stop blaming in on all the pot I smoked when I was younger!

Yay! I sound more responsible already!

Hey, perhaps that was my mom. She taught at Edison for a while a long time ago lol. I dont think she ever really liked kids actually. lol
"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h

Double A

That is a great program, good work!
<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!

sgrizzle

quote:
Originally posted by Double A

Who are you and what have you done to Double A?

Double A

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:

I also think the household pollutant collection drop off he does is a great public service and is very commendable. I am not so petty that just because I often disagree with RM and we do get not get along I would not recognize the good work he does in the community.
<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!

sgrizzle

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:

I also think the household pollutant collection drop off he does is a great public service and is very commendable. I am not so petty that just because I often disagree with RM and we do get not get along I would not recognize the good work he does in the community.

Just making sure...

RecycleMichael

The household pollutant collection event at the fairgrounds is two weeks away.

http://metrecycle.com/agendas/hpeOct2007.htm
Power is nothing till you use it.

carltonplace

Where do I take my Kudos to be recycled again? The title promises, but the string provides no information.

Conan71

I have a couple of neighbors I need to get rid of.  Do I take them to the event at Expo Square or to the center at 35th & Sheridan?
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first" -Ronald Reagan