News:

Long overdue maintenance happening. See post in the top forum.

Main Menu

I'm sick of doing laundry...

Started by AngieB, October 14, 2007, 07:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngieB

It never ends!!

Has anyone used a laundry service where you drop off your clothes and they wash, fold, and iron everything? What is it, bundle service? I need one. Suggestions? Recommendations?

AMP

I have used a few of them.  Once I had $350 in clothes stolen from one, Nautica and Hillfiger clothing. They reimbursed me two weeks later when they discovered one of their employees was stealing clothes and cash from them.

Best luck I had was at Yale Cleaners, they offer a laundry service, but it may be for shirts only, can't remember.  Lowest price laundry I found in Tulsa was at 21st and Garnett SE corner behind the Burger King.  Very nice people there.

University of Wash offers a service, however with the bar operating inside, you clothes may have a tobacco order.  

Call around, most self serve laundries that have attendants and a counter provide that service.

sgrizzle

AngieB

Ha ha. Real funny.

I called a nearby laundromat and they do the bundle service for $1/lb. and $1/item for ironing. That sounds like a deal to me.

mdunn

Tulsa county jail will do your laundry!

kongsuni

There's a laundry place in Broken Arrow that does laundry for 95 cents a pound. It's only 5 cents, but if you have 70 pounds of clothes, 5 cents makes quite a bit of a difference. I forgot the exact name, but it's Diamond something.

AngieB

I called around some more yesterday and Rub-a-dub-dub on 21st just east of Memorial does it for 79¢/lb. I took one basket full and it came in at 17.25 lbs. So they will wash, fold and hang everything for a total of $13.63. I'll pick all of it up after work this evening.  If they do a good job I could see making this a regular thing! [}:)]

Conan71

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

http://www.natures-hideaway.com/

Okay, not that I spent a lot of time looking over your link, but two things:

Nude water skiing??????  I mean ouch!  That's gotta be like nude sky diving.

I notice there's no one who looks like me in their photos (not that I spent much time looking [8D]).  I just have this vision of nude resorts looking like a parade of elephants. [8)]
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first" -Ronald Reagan

RecycleMichael

If there is one thing I learned about going nekkid as a kid...don't skinny dip with snapping turtles.
Power is nothing till you use it.

kongsuni

quote:
Originally posted by TulsaMINI

I called around some more yesterday and Rub-a-dub-dub on 21st just east of Memorial does it for 79�/lb. I took one basket full and it came in at 17.25 lbs. So they will wash, fold and hang everything for a total of $13.63. I'll pick all of it up after work this evening.  If they do a good job I could see making this a regular thing! [}:)]

That's a very good price! [^]

You'll have to tell us if they do a good job or not. :) Honestly, though.. I can't imagine folding someone's scunderwears for a living... [xx(][xx(][xx(]

~ Kongsuni

AngieB

I doubt many people actually take their underwear in for someone else to wash. I didn't. It helps me enough just to have my tops and slacks done.

kongsuni

quote:
Originally posted by TulsaMINI

I doubt many people actually take their underwear in for someone else to wash. I didn't. It helps me enough just to have my tops and slacks done.

LOL  [:D] Our dryer broke recently, so we've been going to the laundry mat to dry clothes (we're getting a new dryer soon).. I saw this lady folding a guy's underwear & it wasn't til I was talking with her for a bit that she told me what she was doing.. Some guy actually did bring in his undies & hankies & etc.. She was telling me how picky the customer was & how everything had to be folded just so. Then she offered me a job & I was like [xx(].. lol But she did say that, that Amway stain remover stuff was the best thing she's used on getting stains out of clothes. Apparently someone left a bottle of it at the laundry mat & she just tried it.. So that was interesting to hear. lol

But anyway... Man.. I really need to get out more.. [^] I'm at home talking about laundry with people on the internet... -_- [V]

~ Kongsuni

Conan71

^^Kongsuni, point of proper forum etiquette, we don't mention "underwear" and "stains" in the same post...[;)]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first" -Ronald Reagan

kongsuni

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

^^Kongsuni, point of proper forum etiquette, we don't mention "underwear" and "stains" in the same post...[;)]

Oh my gosh!!! LOLOLOLOL [:D] I didn't even think about that. XD

AngieB

Picked up my clothes this evening. Very nice. They washed and put 29 items on hangers for less than $14. Nothing was ironed, but not everything needed to be. But when I do need to iron a blouse or a pair of pants, it won't be too bad since they're already in pretty good shape hanging.

I feel almost bad at how inexpensive it was.