A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 10:33:04 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Asian festivals or anything?  (Read 7431 times)
ChEwY_aSiAn
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2007, 08:32:01 am »

hey, so there's a Hmong New Year Celebration Coming up on November 25th, in Tulsa.  It is at a big even building on 31st Street between 129th East Avenue and Garnett.  It's the biggest Hmong thing that happens every year.  Hundreds of Hmong people from everywhere come to this event.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2007, 08:36:41 am »

India is located in Asia and there was an "India Fest" at the Fairgrounds this year. Not sure if it is annual.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
perspicuity85
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2007, 06:28:18 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by guido911

India is located in Asia and there was an "India Fest" at the Fairgrounds this year. Not sure if it is annual.

India and Korea are completely different cultures, thousands of miles apart.  The original poster was asking about the Chinese New Year.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2007, 06:31:47 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by perspicuity85

quote:

India and Korea are completely different cultures, thousands of miles apart.  The original poster was asking about the Chinese New Year.

Gosh, really? I didn't know India and Korea were different. Thanks for straigheing me out.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Moonraker
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2007, 07:36:15 pm »

The Hmong Cafe is really good. There is also a great place (cannot remember the name) on 21st street between Sheridan and Memorial - closer to Memorial, North side of street. We have a lot of good authentic Asian restaurants and grocery stores but I think that is about all. We were in Vancouver this summer and went to the "Night Market." It was fantastic! Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese many differant kinds of Asian food. I ate some candy called  "Dragon's Beard" - kind of like cotton candy but with powdered sugar in the middle that puffed onto your chin when you ate it and gave you a "beard." Also lots of imported Asian items for sale and a talent stage. People of all ages and cultures and it was very safe - no gangs, etc. I wish we had something like that in Tulsa. The one in Vancouver is only in the summer.
kongsuni
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2007, 03:48:08 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by perspicuity85

quote:

oh that's okay. Smiley i really like indian culture, too. Smiley i was asking about any kind of "asian" festivals, including indian ones. Smiley

~ Kongsuni
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org