News:

Long overdue maintenance happening. See post in the top forum.

Main Menu

Television

Started by jscottelwood, October 17, 2007, 04:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jscottelwood

I am recently separated and facing an impending divorce. My future ex-wife has taken all of my worldly possessions. I have moved from Barnsdall to Catoosa and now live in a small apartment. I am in need of furniture, a television, a computer, bed, etc. and I was wondering if anyone knew of a reasonably priced outlet where these items can be attained for a nominal fee. I don't need anything fancy, just clean and functional.

Conan71

Been there, done that.  Garage sales, only problem is, it takes a lot of driving around.
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first" -Ronald Reagan

TeeDub

craigslist, gatesway thrift

Sangria

A long time ago when I did the get out thang - I used lawn furniture for a while until I could get on my feet.

Every time I thought it sucked I thought about what came with the nice stuff and decided I really liked my lawn furniture. [:D]

Check out Good Will. I take really good stuff there all the time - I hate having garage sales and it's too good to throw away.

Things might seem a bit bleak now - but they get better.

sgrizzle

Salvation army on 71st had better electronics prices last I saw.

guido911

Didn't there used to be a bunch of those thrift stores at 31st & Sheridan. As for computers, I believe there is a place that sells them very inexpensively. Someone on this page has had to have heard their radio commercials.

Oh, and ditto what Sangira said at the end.
Someone get Hoss a pacifier.

TheArtist

A card table with a large sheet over it makes a great "dining" table. And your not wasting any money because you can always use a card table and an extra sheet after you get a better table once your back into the swing of things. There is a neat little antique/stuff store on the West side of Harvard. I think its around 15th street? She usually puts stuff out by the curb. I got some cool "retro" chairs there for like 10 and 15 dollars a piece. Its one of those stores thats packed where you kind of wind your way through little "alleys" of furniture and things. Sure there will be something there you can use. And remember, be creative, think outside the box.
"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h

cannon_fodder

and ye the single man in need of cheap crap entered the Wal-Mart, he purchased said cheap crap, and saw that it was good.
- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.

RecycleMichael

I feel your pain and was there myself once.

It will get better. I also recommend going to one of the faith based divorce recovery classes offered at many area churches. I was amazed at how much worse other people's divorces were than mine and the sharing made me stronger.

It will get better.

Why does divorce cost so much? Because it is worth it.
Power is nothing till you use it.

TeeDub

I just realized the best answer...

End of the month/semester apartment complex dumpster shopping.

It worked in college anyway.

Hometown

If you are good looking and have income (or at least are alive and can stand up), post your picture and I bet you will receive some offers of donations from the Local Lonely Hearts Club.

My mother used to talk about how there are more women than men in Tulsa.  Throw in the abundant supply of gay men in the area, and hey...

You might be in demand.