A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 08, 2024, 05:46:57 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Medlock lectures me on "truthiness"  (Read 11611 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2007, 01:46:48 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by guido911

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

Was that a compliment or an insult to Guido?

I don't assume that Chris Medlock has an alias...you guys must all have a bunch of fake names.

Here I was thinking I was talking with dozens of informed posters, being read by hundreds of interested locals. Turns out it is just three guys named Sybil and a spybot program.

Well, I'm totally deflated.  Since I haven't revealed my identity on the forum (though quite a few of the regulars know who I am) so most of you can consider my vocation, political leanings (pretty hard to figure out, eh?), my past, what I drive, my favorite ice cream, dog's name, sexual proclivities, etc. I guess I'm just a marginalized little turd.

Chris Mudlock just ruined my day. [Sad]

Conan: Acceptance is the healthy first step..[Cheesy]

Yeah, I'll turn it over to my higher power now. [8D]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Chicken Little
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2007, 02:13:44 pm »

As I've heard it, the poor ratings are easy to explain.

Arthur Nielson was a very good tennis player in the 1930's along with TU Hall of Famer Gerin Cameron (TU 1936-8) and seven others, who met in September 1940 to form the US Tennis Kitchen Cabal (pre-war configuration).  

After Hiroshima (refer to Diagram C, "Close Company: the Tennis-Danish-Manhattan Project-Loebeck Connection"), the Tennis Cabal continued to manipulate US media markets through early 1970's, until disrupted by an ailing J Edgar Hoover, who used private investigators (loyal ex-FBI) to infiltrate and bring down the Committee to Elect Arthur Ashe.  

Picking up the pieces after the "Haymarket Assassinations", the lone surviving Cabal member, Billie Jean King, reestablished control of the American media market though a complex, discreet, communications network.

Jim Cameron, Tulsa Metropolitan Utility Authority, keeps in constant contact with King via passenger pigeon (NOT extinct) and coded messages contained within Bazooka Joe bubblegum.  Ever wonder why those jokes weren't funny?

And you know the rest, Cameron>Miller>IVI Bridge.
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2007, 02:24:24 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Chicken Little

As I've heard it, the ratings are easy to explain.

Arthur Nielson was a very good tennis player in the 1930's along with TU Hall of Famer Gerin Cameron (TU 1936-8) and seven others, who met in September 1940 to form the US Tennis Kitchen Cabal (pre-war configuration).  

After Hiroshima (refer to Diagram C, "Close Company: the Tennis-Danish-Manhattan Project-Loebeck Connection"), the Tennis Cabal continued to manipulate US media markets through early 1970's, until disrupted by an ailing J Edgar Hoover, who used private investigators (loyal ex-FBI) to infiltrate and bring down the Committee to Elect Arthur Ashe.  

Picking up the pieces after the "Haymarket Assassinations", the lone surviving Cabal member, Billie Jean King, reestablished control of the American media market though a complex, discreet, communications network.

Jim Cameron, Tulsa Metropolitan Utility Authority, keeps in constant contact with King via passenger pigeon (NOT extinct) and coded messages contained within Bazooka Joe bubblegum.

Shadows must be using Chicken's PC....

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
Chicken Little
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2007, 02:39:36 pm »

Sharon KING, Larry KING, Billie Jean KING.  It's all a little too coincidental.  Think about it.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2007, 02:50:52 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Chicken Little

As I've heard it, the ratings are easy to explain.

Jim Cameron, Tulsa Metropolitan Utility Authority, keeps in constant contact with King via passenger pigeon (NOT extinct) and coded messages contained within Bazooka Joe bubblegum.  Ever wonder why those jokes weren't funny?

And here I was thinking all this time it was the  Pro Golf Association that was bent on world domination!  C'mon - guys in plaid pants - who'd suspect THEM?  But sadly, I was wrong.

It's simply amazing to see what you can learn here.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2007, 03:11:06 pm »

Sorry I'm jumping on this train a little late.  So, a State Representative makes one of the most stupid public statements I've heard in a long time when justifying why he refused a gift copy of the Koran: “Most Oklahomans do not endorse the idea of killing innocent women and children in the name of ideology.” ...and as a result, Medlock is slamming...the TulsaNow forum and RecycleMichael?

That's quite a ricochet!  

I guess the best defense is a good offense (though it hasn't proven true for TU football...).  It kind of reminds me of the classic diversionary tactics used on elementary school playgrounds:  "Your shoe's untied!"  or "Look! Behind you! A monster!"
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2007, 03:35:03 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by tim huntzinger

quote:
Originally posted by swake

quote:

. . . they just say whatever will earn ratings.

Youth Ministers at All Souls Unitarian don’t just all of the sudden become a Republican politicians and born again Christian.

I listen about ten minutes a morning, I wonder what their ratings are.  Do you think it is helping really?

See, Chris' response to the All Souls deal was that he was a conservative Republican even then.  Like joining the liberal PCUSA is much different.

TEN MINUTES?!?!?

How can you even take that much?  Gotta say Joe Kelley isn't much better but at least it's not a one-pony show regurgitating the same crap over and over.

God I miss Ehrling in the morning.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2007, 04:13:41 pm »

Chris Medlock answered US Rufnex and finishes his answer with this...

As for USRufnex' assertion that Michael Patton's identity is widly known on the site, that may be true for regulars, but those that find the forum via a search for Rex Duncan in Google, or who lurk but don't participate in real world activities will not know this.

If he was comfortable with his identity being known, why not just use his real name like Michael Bates or I do?

What does he expect from me? Should I list my middle initial or my mother's maiden name?

Hasn't he ever heard of a nickname?

One of the reasons I use RecycleMichael is because I have introduced by this nickname hundreds of times when I gave a speech to a Tulsa area function.

Secondly, there are ten Michael Pattons in the metro area including six who are registered to vote in Tulsa County alone. There is only one Chris Medlock that I know of around here.

Anyone who clicks on my nickname on TulsaNow knows my real name. No hiding here.

Power is nothing till you use it.
MichaelC
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2007, 04:19:23 pm »

Medlock just comes off as needy.

Maybe he's on the hot-seat over there, taking stabs at the dark.
tim huntzinger
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2007, 04:33:27 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael
What does he expect from me? Should I list my middle initial or my mother's maiden name?

I would not take it personal even if he wants to make it that way.  Your DNA would be nice, SS# . . .
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2007, 04:57:06 pm »

Defense Attorney: "I have good news and bad news," "First the bad news: The blood test came back, and your DNA is an exact match with the sample found on the victim."

Client: "Oh, no - I'm ruined! What's the good news?"

Attorney: "Your cholesterol is down to 140!"

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2007, 07:58:57 pm »

I'm depressed I haven't pissed anyone off enough to get pseudo-famous on a bates or medlock blog.

People suprised that RecycleMichael is Michael Patton of Recycling Fame would also be surprised by some other facts:
1. "medblog" is a blog run by a guy named medlock
2. "Batesline" is a blog run by a guy named bates
3. Meeciteewurkor can spell correctly in real life
4. New Mexico is part of the United States
5. The world is round

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2007, 08:44:16 pm »

It's a gift.

Sorry, grizzle...you are too nice.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2007, 09:23:03 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

I'm depressed I haven't pissed anyone off enough to get pseudo-famous on a bates or medlock blog.

People suprised that RecycleMichael is Michael Patton of Recycling Fame would also be surprised by some other facts:
5. The world is round

Ummm aaactually, the world is an Oblate Spheroid.

Your geek status is in danger of being revoked.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2007, 10:17:59 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

5. The world is round

Ummm aaactually, the world is an Oblate Spheroid.

Your geek status is in danger of being revoked.

The specific definition is oblate spheroid but the general definition is round. Round being any surface without a defined angle. Round is also a synonym for globular, meaning like a globe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org