A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 08, 2024, 05:48:38 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Medlock lectures me on "truthiness"  (Read 11612 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2007, 11:27:44 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by highroadtaker

Do any of you remember when Medlock tried to start a "moderate" Republican group called "Mainstream"?  He admitted publicly that he voted for Clinton in the '92 presidential election.  Not long before that he claimed to be a liberal Democrat...

Check this out:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=369013

Um, I'm not a Mudlock apologist, but I do have an OCD problem when it comes to accuracy of cited sources.  There's nothing even remotely indicating he voted for Clinton in '92 in the article you posted.  Best I could read out of it is that he was taking credit for being the leader of a group which wanted to attract local Republicans who voted for Clinton in the Tulsa area back into the fold.  Your reading comprehension sucks.  How on earth did you get the idea he voted for Clinton out of that?Huh

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
mr.jaynes
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2007, 10:27:35 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Floyd

Hey--I'm a straight-ticket Republican, nationally, but I have very low tolerance for this local partisan crap.  You get a bunch of low-level, no-talent hacks together and just wait and see the crap they pump out.  It's the same on both sides of the political divide.  Don't get me started.

Yes, one day they're on talk radio and the next, they're given a show on Fox News Channel.

quote:
Originally posted by highroadtaker

One more interesting thing about Medlock:

Up until about the year 2000 or so, he used to do this comedy routine about "Cheeses" in which he'd mock Christians.  I'm sure that at least one performance was videotaped.  Of course, Chris probably destroyed the tape before leaving his job at the Unitarian church.

Haven't yet had the privelege of hearing this Medlocke fellow (but in about 6 months, I'm coming back, so I'll probably give him a listen), but I seem to remmeber that the best comic mind emanating from the Unitarian Church (specifically All Souls on I think Peoria), was Dr. John Wolfe. Dr. Wolfe did a sermon called Heaven Can Wait concerning the Televangelist scandals of 1987 and it was just top-drawer!

Porky
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2007, 07:15:54 pm »

About a month ago I made a remark on here about Chris and Gwen's efforts on KFAQ, to my surprise they have been absolutely awesome since then. I don't know what it was that turned them around but I can give credence it wasn't what I wrote on here nor anyone else.

A couple of years ago I could understand why this forum had a voice and our news media in Tulsa listened. But I got to admit guys and gals, this forum has become so bitter and bias without any form of constructive thought I'm completely surprised that Chris gave any thought to you at all.

This past week Chris even gave posters on here a positive response. I about spilled my coffee at the drive thru at McDonalds when I heard it. It seems many of you have chosen to overlook that response from him trying to use this forum as a vital voice of Tulsa.

But instead this forum uses him and Gwen to bash and lets not forget the Michael Bates bashing you all enjoy handing out. Michael Bates is the one guy that works his tail off for the people of Tulsa and you all choose to use his efforts as a form of sacrifice for your non efforts.

I have no idea where this forum has disappeared to over the past two years but it is obvious that a cancer has set in and it shouldn't be worthy of reply from any news media source.

Hopefully KFAQ will soon understand this and start their own forum for a better Tulsa and leave this cancerous enigma in the dust.
rwarn17588
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2007, 12:41:55 am »

Porkster, channeling David Arnett, I see. [}:)]

Seriously, though, no one likely heard Medlock talking about TulsaNow because many of us became bored with his and Gwen's show and turned it off. It's not like there's a stampede of people tuning to 1070 on the AM dial (although I do make an exception for Kilmeade and Napolitano).

Michael Bates gets his share of cheers -- and jeers -- here. He's a big boy. He can take it, and he can dish it out.

And it's not like he's the only person here working for the betterment of the Republican Party, errr, I meant Tulsa. [Tongue]

As for KFAQ starting its own forum, that's already been tried in the failed experiment that is the Voice of Tulsa. I remember seeing Bates posting there a few times many months ago, asking for some sort of response regarding his Urban Tulsa columns. It was nothing but crickets. All that's left now are about a dozen or so posters.

Meanwhile, as Recyclemichael dutifully reports, TulsaNow keeps adding members. The discussions here are sometimes heated, but they also are lively and interesting.

I strongly suspect, Porky, that there is no "cancer" that you claim. I strongly suspect you simply don't like TulsaNow members challenging beliefs that you hold dear.

You would do well, Porky, to remember that this is a forum, not an echo chamber.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org