A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 09:15:59 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa = no electronic music?  (Read 8664 times)
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 08:53:26 pm »

Hope it helps! I myself would like to get back into DJ'ing. Perhaps when I finish grad school...

[Smiley]

---Robert
rusenec
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2007, 06:13:40 pm »

Babar,check this site out.I think You will find
useful info about the electronic dance music scene in Tulsa and Oklahoma City:

http://www.okdancemusic.com/

I am from Europe and this type of music is very  popular there in the clubs.When I came here five years ago,I was surprised to find out
what you have found out too.Not good EDM scene.
But I think things are getting better.I my self
listen to trance,breakbeats and house.My favourite hobby is turntablism(mostly scratching over breakbeats and hiphop).
One realy good place for trance and house is
club "Templ" in Tulsa.Very european looking small club with a good DJ(DJ Monad)
babar
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2007, 10:55:03 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by rusenec

Babar,check this site out.I think You will find
useful info about the electronic dance music scene in Tulsa and Oklahoma City:

http://www.okdancemusic.com/

I am from Europe and this type of music is very  popular there in the clubs.When I came here five years ago,I was surprised to find out
what you have found out too.Not good EDM scene.
But I think things are getting better.I my self
listen to trance,breakbeats and house.My favourite hobby is turntablism(mostly scratching over breakbeats and hiphop).
One realy good place for trance and house is
club "Templ" in Tulsa.Very european looking small club with a good DJ(DJ Monad)

hey thx a lot for the info ruse, every bit helps, i'll have to check the club out.
btw, are you still in the tulsa area?
mr.jaynes
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2007, 11:15:36 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

I used to love techno, industrial, electronic, etc. and spent a lot of time at SRO back in the day.  I guess I'm getting too old.  I won't even go to In The Raw on 61st any more because they play it so loud you have to shout over it to talk to the person sitting next to you.

Conan, I remember SRO. Pretty cool place back then. Are they still around?

For good music of this genre, check out a group called Groove Coverage!

http://www.groove-coverage.de/site.php
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2007, 03:14:06 pm »

The name SRO finally faded away in the early '90's.  Barrazza left Tulsa somewhere around 2000 for good, as I understand.  SRO is now a gangsta/homey place.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2007, 08:40:42 pm »

quote:

The name SRO finally faded away in the early '90's.  Barrazza left Tulsa somewhere around 2000 for good, as I understand.  SRO is now a gangsta/homey place.

Last time I was there, it was a "fraternity boy/sorority girl" place. Has it changed that much in the past couple of months?

---Robert
rwarn17588
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2007, 09:17:46 pm »

Electronic music = disco.

Not that it's a bad thing.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2007, 09:32:47 am »

quote:
Originally posted by TURobY

quote:

Last time I was there, it was a "fraternity boy/sorority girl" place. Has it changed that much in the past couple of months?

I was referring to Rehab Lounge where the former SRO was at 18th & Boston.  Maybe things have changed, but it had a rough reputation as recently as six months ago.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2007, 01:30:30 pm »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by TURobY

quote:

I was referring to Rehab Lounge where the former SRO was at 18th & Boston.  Maybe things have changed, but it had a rough reputation as recently as six months ago.

Yeah, we are talking about the same place. I forgot how much time has passed since I've been there. I guess it was about a year ago that I last went there.

---Robert
rusenec
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 10:33:41 pm »

hey thx a lot for the info ruse, every bit helps, i'll have to check the club out.
btw, are you still in the tulsa area?
[/quote]

I am engineer for a company in Stillwater and I live there.But almost every weekend I am in Tulsa or OKC with friends to have some fun
at restaurants and clubs.Every now and then I
go to Dallas for the same reason.I am pretty
familiar with the coll places there too.We are
actually leaving on 11.10(Saturday) for Paul Oakenfold performance in "Lizard Lounge" in Dallas.
You mentioned You recently started working in Guitar Center in Tulsa.What is Your name.I can
stop by next time I am in Tulsa and say hi.I like to meet people with similar interests and hobbies.
rusenec
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2007, 10:55:10 pm »

Here is another useful website :

http://www.clubvibes.com/events/?city=26
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org