A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 03:25:44 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hugo has lost it  (Read 2678 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« on: November 28, 2007, 09:26:40 am »

In case no one is following the South American model of the three little pigs (Hugo, Iran man, and Putin)... he has hit a new low:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071128/ts_nm/venezuela_referendum_cnn_dc_1

CNN was doing a report on the dead NFL player when they accidentally left Hugo's image up.  The caption thus read "Who killed him?"

In response, Hugo wants to bring charges against CNN for instigating murder in Venezuela.  It is part of the US "war against" him.  At a rally earlier this week he denounced the sniper that tried to kill him sent by the US - never mind the fact that no shots were fired, no one saw a sniper, no one was arrested, and the rally went completely normally.  

Couple that with ever increasing warnings to the US not to invade - in spite of a lack of interest on this side of the gulf and his new found dictatorial powers (he is eliminating term limits, disbanded parliament, and can pass laws by decree) and things are probably NOT going to end well down there.  At first I thought he was just a leftist (who, in spite of my political disagreements, often have the best interests of their countries at heart).  However, I am increasingly fearful that he has gone mad.

Either that or he thinks pretending the US wants to invade him will give him even more power.  Which is hardly better.  I mean come on, Bush has threatened Iraq, Iran, and even N. Korea - but have we even made a gesture or pretense to invade Venezuela?  

Double AA was looking for a fascist:
Stronger Government: check
Dictatorial powers: check
State control of companies: check
extreme nationalism: check

Not going to end well.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
rwarn17588
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 10:21:29 am »

What do you mean "has"?

Hugo's mind's been done gone for years.
Rico
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 07:46:22 pm »

His brain loss was caused by drinking the water from Lake Maracaibo....  

[}:)]
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 09:18:19 pm »

Bush and Chavez are different sides of the same coin. Dictators masquerading as liberators.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 11:28:46 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Double A

Bush and Chavez are different sides of the same coin. Dictators masquerading as liberators.

Okay, I'll bite. Are you saying Bush did not liberate Afghanistan and Iraq (combined population of approx. 50 million people) from tyrannical dictators and governments? I know historical revisionism is en vogue, but simply ignoring those facts is simply incredible--unless of course you just hate Bush then ignoring such facts would be entirely reasonable.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 11:32:00 am »

Thank you for taking the bate Double A.

1) Has Bush taken any private property?
2) Has Bush nationalized any industries?
3) Has Bush arrested any political opponents?
4) Has Bush accused any foreign powers repeatedly of trying to assassinate him - with not even a pretense of evidence?
5) Has Bush put media under state control?
6) Has Bush restricted political speech?
7) Has Bush restricted the right to assemble?
Cool Has Bush granted himself the right to rule by mandate (ie. invent laws)
9) Has Bush declared himself above the law?
10) Has Bush abolished term limits?
11) Have Bushes political rivals mysteriously died off?
12) Has Bush disbanded any of the courts?

A dictator is "a ruler who is unconstrained by law."  Bush is countered by a Democratic Congress, the courts, and most of the American people.  He will leave office in a short time.  Any perceived constitutional violations have been litigated through Due Process and many of his propositions have been denied.  He has NOT imprisoned rivals, stolen private property, governed by mandate, nor even sought to remain in office past his term.

You use language very loosely.  When you call Bush a dictator what term is left for the man who actually does all the above?  Your hyperbole has cost you most of your credibility.

and I am far, FAR from thinking Bush has done a good job.  Larger Government - bad.  More privacy intrusions - bad.  Higher deficit - bad.  More entitlements - bad.  War effort - bad.  Public Speaking - bad.  Religious agenda - bad.  Diplomatic Relations - bad. Staff management - bad.

But to pretend he is a dictator is absurd.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Rico
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 09:32:33 pm »

Am I the only one.... or does Hugo look a little bit like this fellow..?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 11:23:59 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Rico

Am I the only one.... or does Hugo look a little bit like this fellow..?

Hey!  It's the snowman!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 11:24:48 pm »

CF- yes, Hugo is an asshat.  Fits the definition perfectly.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org