A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 05:21:33 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumor has it Randi "Brain Candy" Miller...  (Read 11953 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2007, 12:10:29 am »

File a pro-rata return on $105K???  With her money??? BFD.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 08:27:01 am »

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

Friendly Bear...that honey you have been eating must have turned into mead.

Your theory has one big flaw...before this job she actually worked for the State of Oklahoma and kept the salary.

Why would you make up stupid stuff?

RM:  

You simply do not know whether she maintained a Florida residency when she was employed as the Oklahoma Secretary of Commerce.  Who was going to blow the whistle on her for her Florida residency?  

Her Democratic party chums:  

Brad Henry?  

Scott Meachum?

You simply do NOT know.

Whether the amount is $100.00 or $105K, if she had wage & salary earnings in Oklahoma, she HAS to file an Oklahoma Income Tax return.  That's the law for out-of-state residents, or partial-residents who move into or out of the Great State of Disrepair:  O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A.

Oklahoma:  Just OK.

Not Good;

Not Superior;

Not Excellent.

Just:  OK

[Cheesy]

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 08:46:25 am »

I know you revel in making outragous statements and innuendo. You have no proof, just want to start rumors.

How do we know you are even a bear? If you are, you are probably one of those trained Russian bears.

Friendly Bear is a borsch eating communist. Who is going to blow the whistle on you?

Boris Yeltsin?

Natasha from Bullwinkle?

You simply do NOT know.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007, 08:58:16 am »

quote:

I know you revel in making outragous statements and innuendo. You have no proof, just want to start rumors.

How do we know you are even a bear? If you are, you are probably one of those trained Russian bears.

Friendly Bear is a borsch eating communist. Who is going to blow the whistle on you?

Boris Yeltsin?

Natasha from Bullwinkle?

You simply do NOT know.

Actually, I'm related to my red-blooded, American cousin, Yogi Bear.  

He's Smarter than the Average Bear.

As your cousin Fred says, Yabba Dabba Doo.

I know the Mayor is motivated to NOT take a $105K salary from the City of Tulsa.

Why?  

Didn't want to burden the citizens of Tulsa with more spending?  How Sweet?

Hardly, as a principal cheerleader for OurRiverTax, and also for local Fire Districts, she seemed quite happy with the prospects of picking the pockets of her fellow citizens with new taxes for YEARS and YEARS.

The material girl lives in a $30 million house when she's not living in Florida.  I just think it's a big, fat, juicy target that some bright-boy could really score a big news story by outing that blockbuster, buster.

[Tongue]

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2007, 11:55:25 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Friendly Bear
Actually, I'm related to my red-blooded, American cousin, Yogi Bear.  

He's Smarter than the Average Bear. Yabba dabba dooooo!

You mixed up your quotes. Yogi ended his with BooBoo!

Yabba Dabba Doo came from the Flintstones.

Stupid Bear.

rwarn17588
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2007, 12:01:44 am »

That's not all that Friendly Bear gets mixed up about.

[}:)]
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2007, 07:20:13 am »

Good edit of your earlier post, Bear.

Maybe you are smarter than the average one.

spoonbill
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2007, 07:59:41 am »

I considered posting a picture from Google Earth, but I thought it would be fun to issue a challenge.

Find Cathy Taylor and Bill Lobeck's Florida Home and post the image.

Hints:

1. South Florida
2. William E. Lobeck also has interests in several local businesses.
3. On a canal with dock parking and two nice Yachts.
4. 12,800 sq.ft.
5. Registered Voter and *donor*.

This should be fun. . .
waterboy
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2007, 08:19:40 am »

I guess I'm missing something Bear. She turns down $105,000...so that she doesn't have to file a return and pay maybe...$35,000 in tax? Thereby kissing off $70,000? Enough to pay the docking fees for a year I bet. Is there some other reason she would do that?
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2007, 08:56:57 am »

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

I guess I'm missing something Bear. She turns down $105,000...so that she doesn't have to file a return and pay maybe...$35,000 in tax? Thereby kissing off $70,000? Enough to pay the docking fees for a year I bet. Is there some other reason she would do that?

It's all about whether she is a LEGAL resident of Oklahoma.  You can't be a Resident of Florida and also MAYOR of Tulsa.  

If she is actually a legal resident of Florida, which I suspect she is for STATE INCOME TAX and ESTATE PLANNING purposes, then any of her acts since she became Mayor of Tulsa are void and invalid.  

Now, doesn't THAT really make things interesting??

She must be a resident of Oklahoma, and a resident of the City of Tulsa to be Mayor of Tulsa.

In fact, she nor anyone can even live in BIXBY for that matter, and be Mayor of Tulsa.  

You must be a City of Tulsa resident to be Mayor.  

And, if your are a legal resident of the city of Tulsa, that makes you a resident of the great State of Oklahoma.

waterboy
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2007, 09:10:22 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Friendly Bear

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

It's all about whether she is a LEGAL resident of Oklahoma.  You can't be a Resident of Florida and also MAYOR of Tulsa.  

If she is actually a legal resident of Florida, which I suspect she is for STATE INCOME TAX and ESTATE PLANNING purposes, then any of her acts since she became Mayor of Tulsa are void and invalid.  

Now, doesn't THAT really make things interesting??

She must be a resident of Oklahoma, and a resident of the City of Tulsa to be Mayor of Tulsa.

In fact, she nor anyone can even live in BIXBY for that matter, and be Mayor of Tulsa.  

You must be a City of Tulsa resident to be Mayor.  

And, if your are a legal resident of the city of Tulsa, that makes you a resident of the great State of Oklahoma.

Indeed that would make for an interesting story and perhaps grounds for impeachment. However, I don't think you can jump to such conclusions as all of her acts as mayor would be void or invalid. Unless you're a state Supreme Court justice and have ruled on similar cases. There would be some sort of implied authority or agency type relationship I bet. She was voted in by the people to do the peoples work.

Why wait for a newstory? If your facts are straight, start the impeachment process.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2007, 09:15:15 am »

OK...bear poop. Define what a "resident" is for us.

The election board says it is any US citizen who "intends to reside in Oklahoma."

The Oklahoma divorce courts define it as "an actual resident, in good faith, for six months."

The Oklahoma State regents for higher education define residency as "A resident of Oklahoma is someone who has lived in the state continuously for at least 12 months and whose domicile is in Oklahoma."

The Oklahoma tax commission defines a resident as "a person domiciled in the state for the entire tax year."

Stop saying stupid stuff. You don't know any details and are trying to smear her with innuendo.

Go away and hibernate.

Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2007, 12:04:11 pm »

quote:

OK...bear poop. Define what a "resident" is for us.

The election board says it is any US citizen who "intends to reside in Oklahoma."

The Oklahoma divorce courts define it as "an actual resident, in good faith, for six months."

The Oklahoma State regents for higher education define residency as "A resident of Oklahoma is someone who has lived in the state continuously for at least 12 months and whose domicile is in Oklahoma."

The Oklahoma tax commission defines a resident as "a person domiciled in the state for the entire tax year."

Stop saying stupid stuff. You don't know any details and are trying to smear her with innuendo.

Go away and hibernate.

First, please try to be nicer.  You are really hurting my tender feelings.  Why SO MUCH anger?  Think nice thoughts, like:  

May you have a nice day.

There, feeling better?

Uh, you left out what the City Charter says about eligibility of candidates, and eligibility of remaining in office.

What's it say?

Either Kathy Taylor is a resident of:

Florida,

or

Oklahoma.

CANNOT be both.  NEVER.

Intent of residency is the heart of Voter Registration.

However, it just ain't the same as legal residency to run for Mayor of Tulsa, or remain Mayor.

She's has Florida residency, for Income Tax and Estate Planning purposes.  It's obvious.

That's why she elected NOT to draw a salary.  

If she draws a salary from the city, she must fill out a W-2.  

If she fills out a W-2, the address listed is the state for which her employer takes out State Tax (if any, which there is NOT any state income tax in Florida).  

But if she lists her Florida address, she cannot be Mayor.  Mayors of Tulsa MUST BE a resident of Tulsa.

Kathy Taylor therefore does NOT qualify to remain as Mayor under the rules of the City Charter, because she is probably NOT a legal resident of Tulsa.

She is a legal resident, I suspect, of FLORIDA.

She and Mr. Lobeck could solve that little problem by releasing their latest Federal Income Tax Form 1040.

We saw the tip of the iceberg in their residency quandry earlier, when they double-claimed homestead exemption in both OK and FL, and since Chatty Kathy had become Mayor, decided to buy themselves out of the RESIDENCY problem by paying another $100K to Florida for breaking their state law concerning Homestead exemption.  

While OK allows you to claim homestead in more than one state, FL does NOT.

And, then there's that little matter of voting in TWO states for President back in 2004......

That's CRAZY.

[:O]
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2007, 12:16:10 pm »

I am sure the Mayor is a resident of Oklahoma by every definition.

Your logic is the same as saying George Bush is a robot because we have never seen him go to the bathroom.

Stupid bear.

Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2007, 01:19:27 pm »

quote:

I am sure the Mayor is a resident of Oklahoma by every definition.

Your logic is the same as saying George Bush is a robot because we have never seen him go to the bathroom.

Stupid bear.

You might look up the Residency definition in the city charter.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org