A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 03:29:54 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumor has it Randi "Brain Candy" Miller...  (Read 11927 times)
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2007, 10:23:23 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by USRufnex

quote:
Originally posted by Friendly Bear

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

OK...bear poop. Define what a "resident" is for us.

The election board says it is any US citizen who "intends to reside in Oklahoma."

The Oklahoma divorce courts define it as "an actual resident, in good faith, for six months."

The Oklahoma State regents for higher education define residency as "A resident of Oklahoma is someone who has lived in the state continuously for at least 12 months and whose domicile is in Oklahoma."

The Oklahoma tax commission defines a resident as "a person domiciled in the state for the entire tax year."

Stop saying stupid stuff. You don't know any details and are trying to smear her with innuendo.

Go away and hibernate.

First, please try to be nicer.  You are really hurting my tender feelings.  Why SO MUCH anger?  Think nice thoughts, like:  

May you have a nice day.

There, feeling better?

Uh, you left out what the City Charter says about eligibility of candidates, and eligibility of remaining in office.

What's it say?

Either Kathy Taylor is a resident of:

Florida,

or

Oklahoma.

CANNOT be both.  NEVER.

Intent of residency is the heart of Voter Registration.

However, it just ain't the same as legal residency to run for Mayor of Tulsa, or remain Mayor.

She's has Florida residency, for Income Tax and Estate Planning purposes.  It's obvious.

That's why she elected NOT to draw a salary.  

If she draws a salary from the city, she must fill out a W-2.  

If she fills out a W-2, the address listed is the state for which her employer takes out State Tax (if any, which there is NOT any state income tax in Florida).  

But if she lists her Florida address, she cannot be Mayor.  Mayors of Tulsa MUST BE a resident of Tulsa.

Kathy Taylor therefore does NOT qualify to remain as Mayor under the rules of the City Charter, because she is probably NOT a legal resident of Tulsa.

She is a legal resident, I suspect, of FLORIDA.

She and Mr. Lobeck could solve that little problem by releasing their latest Federal Income Tax Form 1040.

We saw the tip of the iceberg in their residency quandry earlier, when they double-claimed homestead exemption in both OK and FL, and since Chatty Kathy had become Mayor, decided to buy themselves out of the RESIDENCY problem by paying another $100K to Florida for breaking their state law concerning Homestead exemption.  

While OK allows you to claim homestead in more than one state, FL does NOT.

And, then there's that little matter of voting in TWO states for President back in 2004......

That's CRAZY.

[:O]

That's gotta be the stupidest non-starter fake-issue I've ever heard of... only fit for .... wait for it...... CONSIPIRACY THEORISTS...

Taylor may be a lot of things... but stupid enough to be a political figure who votes in TWO states in one presidential election... no, she ain't that stupid.

I voted back in 2001 with Oklahoma registration because I lived here at the time... while I was still registered in Chicago, all it would take is some 70-year old election volunteer with bad hearing and eyesight to check the wrong box and suddenly... presto, change-o... I fraudulantly voted in both Illinois and Oklahoma...

But, I don't know about Florida... are there many elderly folks there??? [}:)] or do you still cling to the hope that Taylor was stupid enough to knowingly vote in two different states for the same presidential candidate??? [:O]

Non-issue.  Please move on.

Not that stupid, just that crooked.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
USRufnex
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2007, 07:41:42 pm »

quote:

THANK you, Mrs. Lobeck.

You're welcome, Miss Zero Credibility.
[:O]
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2007, 08:41:56 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

If Bledsoe is lurking around, word around the campfire is he knows some of the answers about the goings on in Ft. Lah-dee-dah.  I bet Don McCorkle knows as well.  My 411 says McCorkle's the reason they got caught in the homestead exemption jangle.

Calling Greg Bledsoe.

Come out, come out, wherever you are.  

Your guts and brains are needed again, and you've got plenty, are needed again on our Mrs. Lobeck residency quandry.

Please phone in.  

USRufnex
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2007, 10:09:12 pm »

Maybe it's Oliver Stone you're looking for...

Or Jimmy Hoffa.
Rico
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2007, 09:18:41 am »

quote:

quote:

If Bledsoe is lurking around, word around the campfire is he knows some of the answers about the goings on in Ft. Lah-dee-dah.  I bet Don McCorkle knows as well.  My 411 says McCorkle's the reason they got caught in the homestead exemption jangle.

Calling Greg Bledsoe.

Your guts and brains are needed again, and you've got plenty, are needed again on our Mrs. Lobeck residency quandry.

Please phone in.  

Bear... possibly you can explain a certain inconsistency to the class.

Bledsoe is married to one of the Tulsa Metro Chamber's more active individuals.

You claim that the TMC is filled with GOB's...

Does Bledsoe's courage and your attraction to him have anything to do with his sleeping with the enemy?

This makes me rethink exactly what and who motivates your lobbying efforts.
[}:)]
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2007, 11:57:04 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Rico

quote:

quote:

Calling Greg Bledsoe.

Please phone in.  

Bear... possibly you can explain a certain inconsistency to the class.

Bledsoe is married to one of the Tulsa Metro Chamber's more active individuals.

You claim that the TMC is filled with GOB's...

Does Bledsoe's courage and your attraction to him have anything to do with his sleeping with the enemy?

This makes me rethink exactly what and who motivates your lobbying efforts.
[}:)]

I've actually never meet Greg Bledsoe.

I admire the sterling job he did in the law suit against the City over the old City Commissioner form of government, which essentially disenfrancished the minority North Tulsa from ever being able to elect anyone other than an Uncle Tom to the City Commission.

I also admire him for getting involved again early to stop the Lorton's World organized "At-Large" counselor power grab.  He was very active, including on this Forum, explaining why that change in the city charter would be VERY BAD public policy.

The grassroots, non-partisan Tulsans Defending Democracy website still has his detailed explanation at:
 http://www.tulsansdefendingdemocracy.com/2006/04/position_of_tulsans_defending.html
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2007, 03:35:55 pm »

I know Greg and his wife pretty well. We have worked together on "greening" our church.

Greg and I agree on about 90% of the issues, but have some very different thoughts on others.

Anybody I can agree with 90 percent of the time and can still have a spirited debate with on the other ten is considered a friend in my book.

Power is nothing till you use it.
chesty
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2007, 11:20:52 pm »

What difference would it make anyway?  In Tulsa (city and county) we have politicos acting and voting in ways that are contradictory to the party platforms.  The party label means much less in local politics (especially here) as it does on the state or federal level.
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2007, 01:53:10 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by chesty

What difference would it make anyway?  In Tulsa (city and county) we have politicos acting and voting in ways that are contradictory to the party platforms.  The party label means much less in local politics (especially here) as it does on the state or federal level.

Today's Lorton's World reports that
At least Randi "Randy" Miller had the good sense to Vote NO to another bent, insider deal involving the Tulsa County Public Facilities Authority purchasing the Off-Track Simulcast Facility from another good buddy of former County Commissioner Dirty Bob Dick.

Spending $3 million to save maybe $200K is not smart business.  

Here's the link:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=071218_1_A12_hThef14883

And, I'm simply ASTOUNDED that Fred Parry and John Small-Ego went along with this round-trip hosing of the tax payer to buy the run-down Simulcast facility from Ralph Jones.

Did another of Dirty Bob's buddies, Bob Parmele, perform the real estate Appraisal?

PAR for the course?

Sage advice to the Authority would be just WAIT until the Simulcast facility goes out of business; THEN, negotiate a market price for a landlocked building buried in the middle of a fairgrounds.

It would not be worth much.

Of course, we've got Dumb and Dumber running the Tulsa County Commission.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org