A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 09:31:18 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Urban Tulsa embarrasses Roscoe and Jack  (Read 11560 times)
deinstein
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2007, 12:26:26 am »

Albertsons was too expensive for that area. A Drug Warehouse or Food Lion is much more logical for both the owners and residents of the area.
tim huntzinger
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2007, 09:22:29 am »

Huh? Nothing to do with it. Albertson's closed down all its stores in the area.

What a crock of poop.  What a sham.  What a joke the 'article' is.

Who turned on subUrban Tulsa to the story? Hmmm. Who would that would have been? Was there a press release? Announcement of Mighty Mitchell's Arrival? Hmmmmmm.  This reeks of the same old back-room whisper bullcrap that divides Tulsans, the same sophmoric 'gotcha' politics that come from that whole crowd. Jerks.

Westcott's 'I dunno, I guess I said something or laid a paper somewhere or deeyuuuhhhhhh . . .' is pathetic.  He was trying to show due dilligence, just carrying water for his firm, not making an honest effort at solving the problem.  As is, he only demonstrated a profound lack of awareness of how to involve himself as an outsider in North Tulsans' affairs.

I hope 'The Duo' sue for defamation or something to get that POS joke of a 'paper' shut down.

Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2007, 12:38:27 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by tim huntzinger

What a crock of poop.  What a sham.  What a joke the 'article' is.

Who turned on subUrban Tulsa to the story? Hmmm. Who would that would have been? Was there a press release? Announcement of Mighty Mitchell's Arrival? Hmmmmmm.  This reeks of the same old back-room whisper bullcrap that divides Tulsans, the same sophmoric 'gotcha' politics that come from that whole crowd. Jerks.

Westcott's 'I dunno, I guess I said something or laid a paper somewhere or deeyuuuhhhhhh . . .' is pathetic.  He was trying to show due dilligence, just carrying water for his firm, not making an honest effort at solving the problem.  As is, he only demonstrated a profound lack of awareness of how to involve himself as an outsider in North Tulsans' affairs.

I hope 'The Duo' sue for defamation or something to get that POS joke of a 'paper' shut down.

I think you just nailed it. Wescott rode Medlock's coattails into office by masquerading as a reformer, yet has been a consistent conformer and sellout for the status quo. If Wescott cares so much about getting this store in North Tulsa why did he run to UTW to put out a political propaganda piece like this? Typically when a store or business considers moving to Tulsa they require city officials to sign non-disclosure forms while in negotiations which, I believe, was the case with Tulsa Hills. The fact that this has played out so publicly makes me wonder whether the Wescott connection is a serious deal or just political propagandizing.  

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
tim huntzinger
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2007, 03:06:07 pm »

Well, AA, let their minds be bombed!  Consider this: 'The Duo' should have the Council investigate Westpock for conflict of interest.  It is entirely unclear whether The Holy Mitchell was here on behalf of Westpock the Councilor or as Westpock's law firm's client.

Why, unless there is ample documentation to prove otherwise, I should think Westpock was using his role as a councilor to procure bidness for his loyyah friends . . .
deinstein
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2007, 04:31:24 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by tim huntzinger

And it seems like most of them were replaced rather quickly with something else.

Not that one! I wonder why...oh, that's right, the revenue it lacked before, because Albertsons was too expensive compared to places like Drug Warehouse.

I've had discussions with actual people (people!) that lived in the area and they all make the same comment.

It's not rocket science, Timmy.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2007, 04:42:29 pm »

I used to live pretty close to that store.

I saw some old friends right after the store closed and they were whining like crazy. I asked them where they shopped and they said they only went there for quick shopping.

They all went to Wal-Mart on Memorial or the Warehouse Market on 3rd and Lewis for the big shopping trips.

I agree that the Albertson's high prices were clearly a factor in that store failing.

Power is nothing till you use it.
tim huntzinger
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2007, 07:39:06 am »

I agree that socioeconomics play a major role in whether stores can make money.

Further, I agree that the suburban tulsa article was a joke.  Brought to us by the same people who posit Susan Neal as Mayoral material and John Sullivan as Senate fodder.

Hmmm. So was Councilor Reck acting on behalf of his firm or in his capacity as a Councilor?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2007, 09:02:31 am »

Tim, did you do any investigation like they did in the article?  Did you talk to these people?  Do you have documents in hand?

Or are you just formulating an uneducated opinion and trying to pass it off as fact?

The article was pretty convincing.  If you think it is all BS then get those counselors an attorney and sue for slander.  Because pretending to have documents and fake itnerviews would certainly be a "reckless disregard for the truth" and would open the UTW up to serious liability even from a public figure.

Otherwise, if you only have your opinion and bias against this particular source - just say that and move on.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2007, 09:11:43 am »

Gee Tim. Why would you and doubleA make these arguments against Councilor Westcott? What has he done to you that make you so cynical?

You guys imply that he ran to Urban Tulsa and is only doing this for profit for his law firm. Did you ever think he might be trying to act like a community leader and help all of Tulsa?

I have been very impressed by Councilor Westcott. He has been working on getting passenger train service to return to Tulsa, something else that will affect more than just his council district residents.

Power is nothing till you use it.
tim huntzinger
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2007, 11:13:30 am »

It is all perception, RM sez 'The Duo' were embarassed, I feel Reck looks like he half-assed threw it - Mithcell's interest - out there during a time when 'The Duo' had a lot on their plate.  Reck does not even remember how or when he talked with 'The Duo.'  IMHO, it makes him look bad: what kind of loser is not able to put together a friggin' afternoon drive with one of his firms' clients/friends?

Look, I cannot help it if a whisper turns into a half-baked 'investigation' that leaves more questions than it answers.  I think asking whether Reck was acting on behalf of his firm or in his position as a Councilor is more than fair.  In fact, as I have stated, I wonder about a conflict of interest in the matter.

I cannot help it if there is no firewall between op-ed and news at that rag, and that they are spoonfed rumours by a bunch of backstabbing jerks.  Ervin is the one accusing them of political grandstanding, and using a poor example to do so.
rwarn17588
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2007, 02:55:24 pm »

Oh, please, Tim. Get a grip.

I thought it was a good article. It laid out some interesting facts, and the facts happened to bust the chops of self-important politicians. It confirmed what I've suspected -- that Roscoe and Henderson try to do some good, but also do a lot of posing, too.
tim huntzinger
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2007, 03:06:25 pm »

Whatever.  Schlepping some half-true whispers off as 'news' is hardly professional.  How did suburban tulsa 'learn' of the visit?  Did Westcoot send an email, say something, or leave a package somewhere? Kinda important, and heck he does not even know when or how he communicated the interest.  Is Westcott recusing his firm from representing his partner's friend? Putting out an op-ed as investigation is shameful.

Whaaaaaaa! Someone busted UTW's chops! Call the waaaaambulance!  How unfair! Waaaa! Waaaa!
TulsaSooner
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2007, 06:50:57 pm »

It's only fair, after all, they've been embarrassing Tulsa for years.

[Wink]
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2007, 11:54:12 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by rwarn17588

Oh, please, Tim. Get a grip.

I thought it was a good article. It laid out some interesting facts, and the facts happened to bust the chops of self-important politicians. It confirmed what I've suspected -- that Roscoe and Henderson try to do some good, but also do a lot of posing, too.

How can you claim this faith based fictionalized tabloid smear is fact based journalism? Nevermind, I just remembered you're a Lortonite.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2007, 08:20:05 am »

As I stated above:

the UTW did interviews with all parties involved and presented their side.  They obtained documents and look at records.

What has your investigation consisted of?

I reserve judgment on the journalistic integrity of the UTW, but seriously - they have at least looked into this and presented some evidence.  You just keep jumping up and down screaming BS!  That is not very convincing.

Go call these people, find out how the documents were forged, why they would bother to do so, and tell us what really happened.  Otherwise, your just denying a researched news story because you do not like what they found.  And if you do the research and find out its made up, you get the added bennefit of discrediting forever a paper you hate AND opening them up to severe legal liability.

So which is it?  Did you do research or have insider info - or are you just jumping up and down shouting>

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org