A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 01:19:46 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OVER the Hill????  (Read 5231 times)
FOTD
« on: January 05, 2008, 05:04:27 pm »

Rasmussen poll: Obama soars to a 10-point lead

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Rasmussen+poll%3A+Obama+soars+to+a+10-point+lead&articleId=e81b58c5-ec9a-415e-9b46-89d5bbf36eb2

She's toast!!!!
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 05:40:00 pm »

Surprisingly, I found this on Fox News:

LINK

Maybe Fox would prefer Obama over Clinton in the general election?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
FOTD
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 06:00:13 pm »

Faux News is sitting around waiting for that martini slugger McCaint to get the GOP nomination. Then, the politics of fear moves to square one AGAIN.

Read those comments. Anytime I read where America is not ready for a black man as President, I think of all the wonderful African Americans who make us feel good about ourselves. From Oprah to Tiger, they make me proud to be American.

Faux could not attack a woman for sensitivity. They certainly will exploit Obama's as a weakness when in fact it is just what America needs here and abroad.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 07:18:48 pm »

I still think that Hillary will win New Hampshire over Obama. It makes a better story for the media and Hillary always knew she was going to lose Iowa and didn't try as hard as she could have. New Hampshire is just completely different than Iowa and the second choices that helped Obama won't be in play.

I bet Edwards still gets third, but has more votes and a higher percentage of the vote than Huckabee.

How will Huckabee handle coming in third? Can Guliani and Thompson continue in the race when they get smoked again?  

The story of Tuesday night is how well McCain does and how Hillary bounces back to a win. Romney finishes second again, but doubts will creep in after everyone starts talking about a McCain v. Huckabee showdown.

The other interesting story of this weekend is how the republicans have come out against Huckabee.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_010308/content/01125111.guest.html

http://article.nationalreview.com/print/?q=M2IxYWMzNGNkNGY1YTY3YTQ2NTU4YjI3OTY5YzQyMTg=

http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/BenShapiro/2008/01/04/huckabee_nomination_could_spell_defeat_for_gop

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSN0432287220080104?sp=true

http://townhall.com/columnists/HughHewitt/2008/01/04/the_really_long_campaign

They know this guy spells defeat for them and want him off the ticket.

Power is nothing till you use it.
FOTD
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 12:27:24 am »

Chris Rock: "Bush Has Made It Hard for a White Guy to Be Elected President"

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/72233/

Hillarious stuff....I'd cut and paste this article but the foul language might upset few.

"Sometimes I feel like Barack forgets he's the black candidate in the race. He's running like he can win this s**t fair and square."

Comedians are the best source of truth in America today. Right on Chris Rock!
inteller
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 08:12:52 am »

quote:
Originally posted by FOTD

Chris Rock: "Bush Has Made It Hard for a White Guy to Be Elected President"

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/72233/

Hillarious stuff....I'd cut and paste this article but the foul language might upset few.

"Sometimes I feel like Barack forgets he's the black candidate in the race. He's running like he can win this s**t fair and square."

Comedians are the best source of truth in America today. Right on Chris Rock!

yeah Chris Rock, the court jester.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 08:42:53 am »

Hillary is imploding. I thought she would be fine after Iowa, but she did such a poor job in the Saturday night debate, that many are bailing on her. I guess the Clintons have never really lost before and were caught off guard.

She has to win in New Hampshire or be close to Obama to stop the freefall. I still think the results will be close, but Hillary folks won't switch to Obama. They would go Edwards or vote with the republicans this time.

Michigan is still very Hillary and she will need a win on January 15th.

tim huntzinger
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 11:58:26 am »

Which debate? I saw the CNN one and I thought she did pretty good.  Edwards and O would not go for the jugular and put her away, and Richardson/Horation Sanz was congenial but irrelevent.

The GOP is making a big mistake excluding Paul.  When he is polling 10 times that of Thompson they have no excuse.  Typical.
FOTD
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 12:32:18 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

Hillary is imploding. I thought she would be fine after Iowa, but she did such a poor job in the Saturday night debate, that many are bailing on her. I guess the Clintons have never really lost before and were caught off guard.

She has to win in New Hampshire or be close to Obama to stop the freefall. I still think the results will be close, but Hillary folks won't switch to Obama. They would go Edwards or vote with the republicans this time.

Michigan is still very Hillary and she will need a win on January 15th.

No rational demos will go with repugs this go round. The pendulum is swinging left .....

And Michigan will move on a dime over to Obama...Hillarity is done.
Hometown
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 05:38:05 pm »

Bill lost the governorship in Arkansas.

Bill lost Iowa and lost New Hampshire and became the come back kid.

A large number of young folks turned out in Iowa and voted for Obama which is a good thing except that it may leave us with a candidate that can't win the general election.  And losers can't help anyone.

It's a good thing that Clinton is getting a good fight from Obama from the point of sharpening her for the general election.

I've thought that Obama just sounds good, nothing else.  Now if he can turn out the Chicago Machine and their many friends to work for him, his backing might get close to the Clinton machine.  Maybe he could pull it off.

Maybe Clinton will become the new comeback kid.

We can count on one thing:  The Republicans will up the ante in the game of dirty tricks.  You know, sharks never sleep, et cetera, et cetera.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 09:36:54 pm »

quote:

I still think that Hillary will win New Hampshire over Obama. It makes a better story for the media and Hillary always knew she was going to lose Iowa and didn't try as hard as she could have...

I bet Edwards still gets third, but has more votes and a higher percentage of the vote than Huckabee...

The story of Tuesday night is how well McCain does and how Hillary bounces back to a win...

The national pundits were all wrong. You guys were all wrong.

I was right.

Hillary is far from finished. Those predicting a double digit Obama win sure look like wild guessers.

FOTD
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 11:45:50 pm »

RM....serve me up the crow.
Hometown
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 07:51:44 am »

Hey, I was not wrong.  Words have meaning.  I pass up more opportunties to say I told you so.  For the first time for me a Clinton / Obama ticket looks like a possibility.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 08:41:46 am »

I would support a Clinton Obama ticket...or a Obama Clinton ticket...or a Edwards Obama ticket...or a Obama Edwards ticket...or a Clinton Edwards ticket...or a Edwards Clinton ticket...

jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 10:03:39 am »

quote:

I would support a Clinton Obama ticket...or a Obama Clinton ticket...or a Edwards Obama ticket...or a Obama Edwards ticket...or a Clinton Edwards ticket...or a Edwards Clinton ticket...

+1

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org