A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 08:37:23 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Tulsa World Sales Ad's  (Read 8715 times)
TeeDub
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 10:14:39 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

What you're getting is probably the free shopper editions loaded with grocery ads and flyers delivered "free" twice a week. The paper is a subscription paper.

The Broken Arrow Ledger newspaper is free to most residents in the community and is delivered on Wednesdays and Saturdays. The phone number for the newspaper is 918 - 258 - 7171. The Tulsa Daily World is the largest metropolitan newspaper in the area and includes an insert for Broken Arrow residents each Wednesday.
waterboy
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 07:21:58 am »

quote:
Originally posted by TeeDub

quote:

What you're getting is probably the free shopper editions loaded with grocery ads and flyers delivered "free" twice a week. The paper is a subscription paper.

The Broken Arrow Ledger newspaper is free to most residents in the community and is delivered on Wednesdays and Saturdays. The phone number for the newspaper is 918 - 258 - 7171. The Tulsa Daily World is the largest metropolitan newspaper in the area and includes an insert for Broken Arrow residents each Wednesday.

I guess thats what you call spin. The official website of the city of Broken Arrow refers to it as the Broken Arrow Daily Ledger delivered Tuesday through Saturday.

Because Broken Arrow is located to closely to the Tulsa, city residents rely on radio and television stations from that city to provide them with most of their network news and entertainment. Tulsa has all of the major networks covered: ABC over KTUL-TV, Channel 8; CBS over KOTV, Channel 6; and NBC over KJRH-TV, Channel 2 (9 on Cox Cable). Also having studios in Tulsa are Fox (KOKI, Channel 23 or 5 on Cox Cable); PBS (OETA, Channel 11); UPN (KTFO, Channel 41, Cox Cable 10). KDOR-TV is located in Broken Arrow and is on Channel 17.
There is a wide variety of radio available, both A.M. and F.M., with everything from talk format, sports talk, country and western music, hard rock, soft rock, rock in between, religious music and even a Spanish-speaking station or two.
Broken Arrow has its own daily newspaper, the Daily Ledger, which is published Tuesday through Saturday. The phone number for the newspaper is 918 - 258 - 7171. The Tulsa Daily World is the largest metropolitan newspaper in the area and includes an insert for Broken Arrow residents each week (Wednesday).
Cox Communications holds the cable franchise in Broken Arrow and provides cable television and high-speed internet connections. There are also satellite TV sales systems in Broken Arrow

As of July 2007 a 52 week subscription was $40. I notice the Retherford/Neighborhood newspapers office on the BA expwy is now gone. Does that mean the new owners went eyes up?
buzz words
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 08:32:00 am »

What about windstream? What do they provide to broken arrow?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 08:52:26 am »

quote:

quote:

quote:

I guess thats what you call spin. The official website of the city of Broken Arrow refers to it as the Broken Arrow Daily Ledger delivered Tuesday through Saturday.

Because Broken Arrow is located to closely to the Tulsa, city residents rely on radio and television stations from that city to provide them with most of their network news and entertainment. Tulsa has all of the major networks covered: ABC over KTUL-TV, Channel 8; CBS over KOTV, Channel 6; and NBC over KJRH-TV, Channel 2 (9 on Cox Cable). Also having studios in Tulsa are Fox (KOKI, Channel 23 or 5 on Cox Cable); PBS (OETA, Channel 11); UPN (KTFO, Channel 41, Cox Cable 10). KDOR-TV is located in Broken Arrow and is on Channel 17.
There is a wide variety of radio available, both A.M. and F.M., with everything from talk format, sports talk, country and western music, hard rock, soft rock, rock in between, religious music and even a Spanish-speaking station or two.
Broken Arrow has its own daily newspaper, the Daily Ledger, which is published Tuesday through Saturday. The phone number for the newspaper is 918 - 258 - 7171. The Tulsa Daily World is the largest metropolitan newspaper in the area and includes an insert for Broken Arrow residents each week (Wednesday).
Cox Communications holds the cable franchise in Broken Arrow and provides cable television and high-speed internet connections. There are also satellite TV sales systems in Broken Arrow

As of July 2007 a 52 week subscription was $40. I notice the Retherford/Neighborhood newspapers office on the BA expwy is now gone. Does that mean the new owners went eyes up?

Hate to call you a liar WB, but LIAR!

quote:

The Broken Arrow Ledger newspaper is free to most residents in the community and is delivered on Wednesdays and Saturdays. The phone number for the newspaper is 918 - 258 - 7171. he Tulsa Daily World is the largest metropolitan newspaper in the area and includes an insert for Broken Arrow residents each Wednesday.

The ledger ceased publication as a daily paper about a year ago. If you'll notice, the UPN network is listed in your copy/paste as well and they shutdown in 2006.
TeeDub
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 09:24:29 am »

The only corny part of the BA Ledger is that it is also the daily rag...   It tells you who (name address) got arrested for what, and where.

Truly a small town paper.

EXAMPLE
http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19179533&BRD=2754&PAG=461&dept_id=574063&rfi=6
waterboy
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 09:40:19 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hate to call you a liar WB, but LIAR!

quote:

The Broken Arrow Ledger newspaper is free to most residents in the community and is delivered on Wednesdays and Saturdays. The phone number for the newspaper is 918 - 258 - 7171. he Tulsa Daily World is the largest metropolitan newspaper in the area and includes an insert for Broken Arrow residents each Wednesday.

The ledger ceased publication as a daily paper about a year ago. If you'll notice, the UPN network is listed in your copy/paste as well and they shutdown in 2006.

Guilty as charged. Can I plead digital ignorance? I should have figured a city web site was inaccurate. So BA only has a twice weekly free shopper? Thats criminal. Big bully World should be ashamed.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2008, 10:08:49 am »

quote:

Guilty as charged. Can I plead digital ignorance? I should have figured a city web site was inaccurate. So BA only has a twice weekly free shopper? Thats criminal. Big bully World should be ashamed.

Paper subscriptions are down period. Small papers will suffer first. Since everyone in BA who doesn't ask to unsubscribe is a "reader" their readership is WAY up.

Dignorance...
NellieBly
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2008, 10:17:18 am »

Actually, some  smaller papers are doing well. Especially in rural areas. Small town people like their small town news, a lot. I have worked for many of them over the years and they have survived and grown while the larger dailies suffer.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2008, 10:33:24 am »

quote:
Originally posted by NellieBly

Actually, some  smaller papers are doing well. Especially in rural areas. Small town people like their small town news, a lot. I have worked for many of them over the years and they have survived and grown while the larger dailies suffer.

What I meant was if an area is served by both a large metro and a small city paper, the small one will suffer first because of the smaller operation. Rural papers have no real competition.
buzz words
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2008, 03:47:30 pm »

Coffee News is a great reader!!!!!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2008, 10:34:43 pm »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by spoonbill

I don't understand the Tulsa World's business model?  You can pay for it to be delivered, then go out in the cold and retrieve your wet newspaper, or you can just read it online and search for the articles you are interested in.

The online version of the Tulsa World also allows you to e-mail the writers to tell them what they got wrong.  Not that they care.

You sound a bit cynical Spoon. The paper is bagged on wet days. The value of a newspaper over internet or other electronic media is that you can take it with you and read it when you please. Not just when you have electricity or a free wireless signal. Advertisers like the tearsheets proving their ads actually were published, the confirmed subscriptions proving someone cared enough to pay for the medium their ad ran in and the quick production times (about a day and a half). Add the fact that you can cut coupons, tear an article out and run screaming to the editor about its errors AND then use it for composting...well, thats one fine medium!

edit: btw that model allowed one family the profits to build the Fox network and a local family the income to own their own island in the Pacific.

WB- those bags also do a great job of holding water in with the paper [}:)]

Old print veterans like you and I are slowly becoming anachronisms.  Honestly if it weren't for the boss taking a copy of the World at work, I'd likely never read the paper copy any more.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
waterboy
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2008, 07:06:06 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by spoonbill

I don't understand the Tulsa World's business model?  You can pay for it to be delivered, then go out in the cold and retrieve your wet newspaper, or you can just read it online and search for the articles you are interested in.

The online version of the Tulsa World also allows you to e-mail the writers to tell them what they got wrong.  Not that they care.

You sound a bit cynical Spoon. The paper is bagged on wet days. The value of a newspaper over internet or other electronic media is that you can take it with you and read it when you please. Not just when you have electricity or a free wireless signal. Advertisers like the tearsheets proving their ads actually were published, the confirmed subscriptions proving someone cared enough to pay for the medium their ad ran in and the quick production times (about a day and a half). Add the fact that you can cut coupons, tear an article out and run screaming to the editor about its errors AND then use it for composting...well, thats one fine medium!

edit: btw that model allowed one family the profits to build the Fox network and a local family the income to own their own island in the Pacific.

WB- those bags also do a great job of holding water in with the paper [}:)]

Old print veterans like you and I are slowly becoming anachronisms.  Honestly if it weren't for the boss taking a copy of the World at work, I'd likely never read the paper copy any more.

Its still a popular media for a large segment of population. This forum, and this medium in general, gives one a skewed vision. We are all so wired up that we tend to think everyone is.
Bear in mind, you seldom go into a bathroom stall and find a laptop laying around. But not uncommon to find a Wall Street Journal, USA Today or World Sports section. And when 80% of Tulsa was without light and heat, the World was published and delivered.

But, I like being an anachronism. Hell, I like being a part of any group that will have me!
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2008, 07:13:25 am »

Waterboy is an acronym?
waterboy
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2008, 07:21:04 am »

quote:

Waterboy is an acronym?

No, a WASP. With a little Cherokee, Welsh and Irish. If you believe in stereotypes, I love to drink, don't do it very well and don't pay my debts.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2008, 07:25:54 am »

quote:

Waterboy is an acronym?

Waterboy is afraid of spiders?

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org