A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 03:25:44 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our long national nightmare will finally end.  (Read 2969 times)
FOTD
« on: January 20, 2008, 09:07:25 pm »

1 year from today!
Chris
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 10:33:09 pm »

Amen!
MH2010
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 12:34:08 am »

and another one will begin....
inteller
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 06:51:51 am »

quote:
Originally posted by MH2010

not quite bucko.  Off all the choices that could be president today, none of them are even half as evil as The Shrub.  Romney comes the closest.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 09:06:18 am »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

quote:

not quite bucko.  Off all the choices that could be president today, none of them are even half as evil as The Shrub.  Romney comes the closest.

Or Hildog. Or perhaps Huckabie.

Have no fear Inteller, there are plenty of bad candidates out there!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
inteller
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 09:19:29 am »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

quote:

quote:

Or Hildog. Or perhaps Huckabie.

Have no fear Inteller, there are plenty of bad candidates out there!

no, if Romney gets elected we'll all be carrying national IDs and all have to submit a DNA sample to a national databank.....run out of Utah no doubt.

Huckleberry is bush without the oil baron evilness.  And we all know that Hillary will just be a front woman for Bill pt II.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 10:43:42 am »

Holy crap, I kind-sorta agree with you.

Except, I'm not convinced the second term of Clinton wasn't just Hillary part I. [xx(]

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
inteller
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 10:52:37 am »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

Holy crap, I kind-sorta agree with you.

Except, I'm not convinced the second term of Clinton wasn't just Hillary part I. [xx(]

whatever, either way they are one and the same.  People will remember the relative prosperity under Bill and elect her back in.  You even see in the media that Bill was considered the first "black" president so she'll get a large portion of that vote.

At the end of the day the "youth vote" will fail to turn out as usual because like everything else with that generation, they get bored of a subject too easily.  Sucks for BHO but that's life.
NellieBly
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 11:33:38 am »

Actually, the youth are coming out in droves this election cycle and really creating a surge in vote totals, especially on the democratic side. More dems voted in Iowa, NH, etc than repubs and the age of voters overall was a tad lower. Talk about real change.
inteller
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 12:03:59 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by NellieBly

Actually, the youth are coming out in droves this election cycle and really creating a surge in vote totals, especially on the democratic side. More dems voted in Iowa, NH, etc than repubs and the age of voters overall was a tad lower. Talk about real change.

keep wishin.  they have been talking about the youth vote since bill clinton's first run.  It didn't help him then and it won't help BHO now.

But I will say BHo will mop on what few do turn out because of this overwhelming belief among that group that you can dress up slick and talk slick and eshew experience because you have good ideas and you have "hope" and "optimism".  That **** doesn't cut it in matters of national security.

it is much akin to the TYPO new recruits I get in here that are all starry eyed with dreams of downtown lofts and people throwing everything at them.  Then comes the rude awakening to leave the hopes and dreams at the door, drop the slick talk and slick walk, ****, and get to work.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 12:58:09 pm »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by NellieBly

keep wishin.  they have been talking about the youth vote since bill clinton's first run.  It didn't help him then and it won't help BHO now.

But I will say BHo will mop on what few do turn out because of this overwhelming belief among that group that you can dress up slick and talk slick and eshew experience because you have good ideas and you have "hope" and "optimism".  That **** doesn't cut it in matters of national security.

it is much akin to the TYPO new recruits I get in here that are all starry eyed with dreams of downtown lofts and people throwing everything at them.  Then comes the rude awakening to leave the hopes and dreams at the door, drop the slick talk and slick walk, ****, and get to work.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's time we began soliciting contributions for the Draft Inteller movement.  I think you can all see we have a true leader among us, a man of integrity, moral fortitude, and brutal honesty. Our candidate calls it like he sees it.  Especially when he's telling TYPOS to get off his damn lawn.  

This is a man in front of whom the wafflers and flip-floppers of Washington will cower like Greek sailors before the Toes of the Colossus.   Nay, his will be a Salt Shaker of Tough Talk, from which the sluglike denizens of both Upper and Lower houses of congress will ooze off into the dank corners of Capitol Hill, never to return again, for fear of his Salty Truths.  

Friends, the time is now! Donate as much and as soon as you can!  America languishes -- wisdomless! -- in the thrall of lank and spineless cowards.   They promise naught but the optimism and hope of the moronic.  Join with me, and let the joyless power of pragmatism sweep them away!

For A More Pessimistic America, Vote Inteller!
inteller
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 01:40:58 pm »

Funny.

No I will be retaining a surrogate to run for Mayor...don't have time for national politics.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org