A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 01:48:28 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suki review  (Read 2104 times)
inteller
« on: February 02, 2008, 01:56:25 pm »

Well, so our new little 'Unique Dining' here in Tulsa was finally visited by me.  Let me first say this is one of those gimmick places like Shogun or Osaka.

SO the waiter starts of telling us this lame bit of history about Ghengis Khan and how they cooked out of their helmets and that the dish sitting on our table was a helmet.

Then he says he is going to cook the food at our table.  At that point I decided to order something from the kitchen because if the guy's history was as good as his cooking I wanted no part of it.

My wife decided to go ahead and amuse him and get the first veggie and beef thing on the menu ($18).  They brought out a bunch of uncooked veggies and beef and poiled it in the pot.  Then they brought out some sauces to dip that stuff in.  Later they brought out some noodles and cooked them in the pot too.  Lots of food.  $18 worth of food? I dunno I guess.  It also came with a scoop of ice cream for dessert.

Their little pot things go all the way up to $65 for 1 person.  With that you get lots of seafood and stuff.

It is not a place to take kids, which is why I give it about 6 months at the current location.  This place should really be somewhere in Brookside or wherever those mythical young professionals hang out.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 04:04:19 pm »

So, wait.  You liked it?  

Or no.  You hated it.  

Is it the fondue you hate, or how they executed it?  Or is it the idea of Ghengis Khan cooking his dinner in his helmet?  Cooking your dinner in his helmet?

Or wait.  You hated it all?  

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 06:02:35 pm »

Been there. Thought it was overpriced and bland.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
inteller
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 06:54:09 pm »

the curry pork I had from the kitchen was actually really good. a bit salty but good.  My wife did say the stuff in the pot was bland.

i didn't care for it, but I didn't hate it.  it was pricy for that part of town which is why they wont last.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org