A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 12:24:28 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Russian Food - Church Completion Fundraiser  (Read 3126 times)
bliskavka
« on: February 05, 2008, 12:03:23 am »

Enjoy traditional Russian foods, Christian music and help us finish our building. Full service with second helpings allowed.

Located in Broken Arrow. Seating is limited and tickets are required.

Please check out http://www.bliskavka.com/fundraiser for all the details.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 09:19:00 am »

I'm a bit dense in this area, what exactly is Russian food?  I assume it's more than vodka, potatoes and caviar but I can't say I've ever really had Russian food.  Enlighten me please.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 09:25:51 am »

You forgot beets.

Actually, I was thinking about taking my kids to this. They like vegetable soup (borsch) and I like cabbage rolls (golubsi).

I think it is great that we have a Russian community in our area. Now we need a Russian festival.

Power is nothing till you use it.
bliskavka
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 11:14:39 pm »

Yes, There will be beets. [Smiley]

Vodka, Potatoes and Caviar may be a traditional staple (well maybe not the caviar), but since this is a Church event...

I will summarize from my experience with my mom's and all my different aunt's cooking since I have been here since I was four.

Russian food is pretty similar to other Eastern European styles with stuff like cabbage, potatoes, beets and Pork. For some reason beef is not as popular. Lots of pasta and skillet fried breads.

Personally I love the sweet stuff. I have never encountered powedered sugar based frosting. Cream and egg white base is common though. This stuff is usually pretty rich...

This event, as you can imagine will not be gourmet, but a jazzed up version of common Russian foods.

Hope this helps a little.

Hope to see you there Michael.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 09:15:42 am »

It does help, thanks!  The absence of Vodka makes me question the authenticity, but it sounds like a good effort just the same [}:)].  I would not expect gourmet food at any nationalistic meal but-for France, and while I have to admit a fondness for well prepared es cargo, quail, and some other rich foods I truely French meal is not my style at all.  Now a Russian meal - that sounds hearty all the way!

Best of luck with your fund raiser,  not sure I'll be able to make it but if we're looking for somewhere to eat I'll be sure to suggest it to my wife.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org