A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 05:26:00 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: East End Lofts for Sale  (Read 6584 times)
Spexton
« on: February 07, 2008, 04:33:28 pm »

Two contemporary urban dwellings are soon to be added across the street from the Spexton store at the corner of 3rd and Lansing.

The East unit will occupy a currently empty lot weighing in at 4 stories, while the home on the right of it will make use of a brick shell of a building used as a backdrop in the 1983 film Rumble Fish, or so the rumor has it. A 3rd level will be added to this structure, defining the look of the bright future of Tulsa's Evolving East End.

The development is the brainchild of East End innovator Micha Alexander, while Freese Architecture has executed the design plans. Both homes are available for purchase and are priced around the 500k mark.

More photos of the floor plans on the Spexton Blog

Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 04:39:07 pm »

Looks awesome.  Great to see new construction downtown.  What kind of sq footage are we looking at?
Spexton
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 04:48:44 pm »

I'm not sure of the square footage, although I remember it was between 2000 and 3000.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 05:15:33 pm »

Looks great! [Smiley]

I do want to say, that is some good design. Good proportions, plenty of interest. They will age well. Well done.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 05:40:35 pm »

Those would be worth some BANK if they ever got off the ground with east end development, especially a stadium plan.

dsjeffries
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 12:09:04 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Spexton

Two contemporary urban dwellings are soon to be added across the street from the Spexton store at the corner of 3rd and Lansing.

The East unit will occupy a currently empty lot weighing in at 4 stories, while the home on the right of it will make use of a brick shell of a building used as a backdrop in the 1983 film Rumble Fish, or so the rumor has it. A 3rd level will be added to this structure, defining the look of the bright future of Tulsa's Evolving East End.

The development is the brainchild of East End innovator Micha Alexander, while Freese Architecture has executed the design plans. Both homes are available for purchase and are priced around the 500k mark.

More photos of the floor plans on the Spexton Blog

I'm really excited about this.  It seems that as Cherry Street developments continue north of 15th (albeit just a block or two north) and along the west-east line, people are beginning to realize how nice living in a place like that can actually be.

I think the designs look appropriate for an urban atmosphere, but it's a little difficult to see what a few of the materials will be.  I think it will appeal to a great number of people...

Hopefully the stadium will be built around the corner and all these little sparks will finally result into a huge flame and the East End (and the rest of downtown) will take off!
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 06:21:27 am »

What's with the oval running through the center of the plans?
si_uk_lon_ok
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 08:03:17 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

What's with the oval running through the center of the plans?

I think its a light well.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 08:08:03 am »

Very nice.  Elevators?  What floor is the bedroom/s on?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
si_uk_lon_ok
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 08:11:53 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Gaspar

1st, 2nd or 3rd floor depending on the house plan. I'm guessing the 4th floor could also be a bedroom too on one of plans.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 08:28:37 am »

quote:
Originally posted by si_uk_lon_ok

quote:

1st, 2nd or 3rd floor depending on the house plan. I'm guessing the 4th floor could also be a bedroom too on one of plans.

Very similar to a series of lofts we designed on 11th and Rockford.  Hard to sell the units without elevators.

si_uk_lon_ok
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 08:34:07 am »

quote:

quote:

quote:

Very similar to a series of lofts we designed on 11th and Rockford.  Hard to sell the units without elevators.

If you had an elevator wouldn't it usually start on the first floor though?

I've never heard of an mlofts development with an elevator and they never seemed to have an trouble selling them.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 08:57:10 am »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I've never heard of an mlofts development with an elevator and they never seemed to have an trouble selling them.

Well in all of ours, the front (and largest unit) has an elevator (and yes it starts on the first floor).

When you are trying to sell a residence for $200 - $250 a sq./ft., we have found that the owner doesn't want to cart groceries and trash up and down 3 stories.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 08:58:56 am »

Very cool. I REALLY hope the momentum continues as development like this is what we need.  Smaller scale development by private entities.  A large home run (pun intended) can help, but these smaller projects in aggregate MAKE an area interesting.

For those not as familiar with downtown, 3rd and Lansing is inside the IDL near the itnerchange of 244 and 75.  4 blocks away from "Central Park" and one block West of HWY 75.

Out of curiosity, do you know how this location was chosen?  Cheap and available land I assume?

In any event, I'm very excited to hear this.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
si_uk_lon_ok
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 09:18:59 am »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well in all of ours, the front (and largest unit) has an elevator (and yes it starts on the first floor).

When you are trying to sell a residence for $200 - $250 a sq./ft., we have found that the owner doesn't want to cart groceries and trash up and down 3 stories.

There are lofts at that price and with elevators going up north of the Broken Arrow Expressway/ in the NoBAX? (by the way when people start calling it NoBAX, I started it)

Thats cool.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org