A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 03, 2024, 09:26:56 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Waco: The Rules of Engagement  (Read 5703 times)
altruismsuffers
Philanthropist

« on: April 03, 2008, 12:02:40 pm »

WACO: The Rules of Engagement

WHEN: Monday, April 28 2008 06:30 PM
WHERE: Hardesty Library (93rd and Memorial)
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74014
TICKET PRICE: FREE

What happened at the Branch Davidian compound in Mt. Carmel, Texas, in 1993? Why did 4 federal agents and 86 civilians lose their lives? The powerful documentary Waco: The Rules of Engagement asks these and many other difficult questions, and the answers are deeply disturbing, even for the most cynical.  Doors open at 6pm and movie starts at 6:30. Immediately following the movie we will have open Q&A and viewers comments.

HOSTED BY: TulsaTruth.org.

DIRECTIONS: Go East from 93rd and Memorial

www.MYEXPANDEDMIND.com
Educate, Advocate, Disseminate
altruismsuffers
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 10:54:44 am »

After all the crazy things happening with the polygamist church in Texas this is very relevant.  Please come and shed new light on old news.

www.MYEXPANDEDMIND.com
Educate, Advocate, Disseminate
mr.jaynes
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 11:04:50 am »

quote:
Originally posted by altruismsuffers

After all the crazy things happening with the polygamist church in Texas this is very relevant.  Please come and shed new light on old news.

That whole Waco thing puzzles me: was this supposed to be a simple search for illegal weapons, or was it a paramilitary-style raid?
mrhaskellok
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 09:43:37 pm »

Yeah, every time I read about it or watch that film I just pray to God that it can't be true.  I don't want to live in a nation that would do that to it's own people.

Sure would like to have someone not in the media or the government explain it to me.
mr.jaynes
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 10:50:20 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by mrhaskellok

Yeah, every time I read about it or watch that film I just pray to God that it can't be true.  I don't want to live in a nation that would do that to it's own people.

Sure would like to have someone not in the media or the government explain it to me.

So did you go to this film, and what was the audience's reaction?
mrhaskellok
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 08:11:10 am »

quote:
Originally posted by mr.jaynes

quote:
Originally posted by mrhaskellok

Nope, had to work.

So did you go to this film, and what was the audience's reaction?

rosa
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 09:54:45 am »

TextTextTextOur family is 100% standers of Christian values and we are not letting any homosexsuual to take over the nation, they better find the way to get their life straight with God, and seek his love, not being against nature, but acepting God's will. Surely, even the doctors when they see a pennis in a baby that has just being born, they say "it's a boy" or the other way arround, but they never say: "it's an homosexual". But God still love those who want to destroy the moral and values of humanity; that's why I tell you homosexuals: "Repent of your sins, and live for God, and not only get to know him, but let him be your Dad" He cares for you, and wants to set you free of what you are a slave right now of....You have the choice to do what's right, you do not have to keep being a slave of your sins any longer. We the people of the constitution can not stop doing what is good, and that's why we won't let a bunch of slaves of sin, to keep us from the blessing of having a nation establish in christian principles, if others don't like it, that's their choice...That's why even the tax money of our oil company weare reclaiming it for what is right, and not for what is wrong.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 10:16:55 am »

Congratulation's, you get the "worst post ever" award.  First of all, I have no idea how that post fits in to the conversation... but lets hit the low points:

quote:
even the doctors when they see a pennis in a baby

I would hope a doctor would call the police if they say a "pennis" in a baby.  That is sick and wrong.  Jesus would want them reported immediately.

quote:
but they never say: "it's an homosexual"

No, that phrase is very unlikely.  Most doctors can speak with at least semi-proper English and would not use "an" before the word "homosexual."

quote:
We the [P]eople of the constitution can not stop doing what is good, and that's why we won't let a bunch of slaves of sin[] to keep us from the blessing of having a nation establish[ed] in [C]hristian principles, if others don't like it, that's their choice.

"We the People" refers to people other than Christians.  I think it even includes homosexuals and other slaves of sin.  The document also exclusively prohibits the establishment of a National religion if you read a little further.  So I'll exercise my choice and disagree with you I suppose.  

quote:
That's why even the tax money of our oil company weare [sic] reclaiming it for what is right, and not for what is wrong.

You also get the best non-sequitur of the week award.  
- - -

I assume you are a spammer.  But I'll hold my breath to see for sure.  It would be too awesome if this post was real. Shadows is SOOOO off the hook if this is "for realz."

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
iplaw
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 08:27:20 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by rosa

TextTextTextOur family is 100% standers of Christian values and we are not letting any homosexsuual to take over the nation, they better find the way to get their life straight with God, and seek his love, not being against nature, but acepting God's will. Surely, even the doctors when they see a pennis in a baby that has just being born, they say "it's a boy" or the other way arround, but they never say: "it's an homosexual". But God still love those who want to destroy the moral and values of humanity; that's why I tell you homosexuals: "Repent of your sins, and live for God, and not only get to know him, but let him be your Dad" He cares for you, and wants to set you free of what you are a slave right now of....You have the choice to do what's right, you do not have to keep being a slave of your sins any longer. We the people of the constitution can not stop doing what is good, and that's why we won't let a bunch of slaves of sin, to keep us from the blessing of having a nation establish in christian principles, if others don't like it, that's their choice...That's why even the tax money of our oil company weare reclaiming it for what is right, and not for what is wrong.

When did Shadows' wife start posting?

TextTextText
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 08:28:26 pm by iplaw » Logged
mr.jaynes
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 09:09:20 am »

quote:
Originally posted by rosa

Gee, for a moment, I thought we were about to launch into a discussion of the raid on the Davidian compound in Waco back in 1993. Thanx for reframing the discussion, way to change the subject!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org