A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 12:29:47 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TU Bus. Law Society - River Project Forum  (Read 2654 times)
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« on: April 14, 2008, 12:51:12 pm »

I got this in my campus inbox today. Thought you might be interested:

quote:

The University of Tulsa Business Law Society would like to invite you  to a panel
discussion covering the past, present and future plans of  the Arkansas River.

Designed to better inform TU students of the implication of the  project, we have
designed a panel with differing and understanding  views of all proposals. They will
discuss not only the factors that  led to the projects defeat, but also possible future
plans to execute  the project using resources other than those previously explored.

Moderator: Jack Brown, a TU Law Alumnus, practices law at the Jones,  Gotcher & Bogan,
P.C. firm in Tulsa. Appointed by Governor David  Walters to Oklahoma Task Force on
Volunteerism in 1991.

Panelists:
Gaylon Pinc is the Environmental Program Manager at Program Management  Group (PMg) of
Tulsa, and for nearly 31 years before that he was the  Manager of Environmental and
Engineering Services for the Indian  Nations Council of Governments in Tulsa. He joined
PMg to be Tulsa  County’s representative in the current Phase III Corridor study, a  
continuing partnership between Tulsa County and the Corps of Engineers.

As Director of the Tulsa River Parks Authority, Matt Meyer is  responsible to the Board
of Directors for administration of the Tulsa  River Parks system. The position involves
working with Communities  along the Arkansas River, the US Army Corps of Engineers, and
INCOG in  strategic River planning and development.

As a project manager for the Tulsa District Corps of Engineers,  Cynthia Kitchens
manages general investigation projects in the Tulsa  District, as well as reallocation
studies and land sales.

Sandwiches and drinks served at 4:30 in 2nd floor study lounge of the Business Administration Hall.  Presentations start at
5:00. Discussion to last approximately one hour.

Best,

Thomas H. Landrum
President
Business Law Society
University of Tulsa
918-809-2671

---Robert
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 01:11:52 pm »

That's great if you want to know hydrological information but I'm surprised by the lack of any economic development element.
waterboy
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 02:37:18 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

That's great if you want to know hydrological information but I'm surprised by the lack of any economic development element.

Where would that element come from? Kaiser Foundation? Seriously, I'm not sure anyone has made an economic argument for developing the river that the public has bought. The question is really what is the type of development that will fit this river, then is it economically feasible to fund the infrastructure for that development.

Get there early, Meyer will eat all the cookies and blame it on Pinc.[Wink]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org