A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 09:17:41 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Until Joe Momma's opens...  (Read 19950 times)
buzz words
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 08:52:03 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by mrhaskellok

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:
Originally posted by mrhaskellok

Time?

I would say 11 or 11:30.. by noon it's full on a normal day.

Sounds good!

I can't wait to meet everyone!!
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 07:23:31 am »

It's today, who's coming?
mrhaskellok
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 07:26:12 am »

me...at 11:30
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 07:52:09 am »

Me...save me some chips and salsa...

Power is nothing till you use it.
JoeMommaBlake
Civic Leader

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 07:55:31 am »

It happens that I have a lunch appt at 11:45 there, so I'll come early and eat a chip or two with you guys first.

"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized."
- Daniel Burnham

http://www.joemommastulsa.com
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 09:48:10 am »

See y'all there
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2008, 03:40:26 pm »

That was awesome. I can't believe Lorena Ochoa sat at that table next to us.

Nice to meet you pizza god and Mr. Haskell. I think that business plan we discussed will make us all rich.

mrhaskellok
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2008, 10:01:45 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

That was awesome. I can't believe Lorena Ochoa sat at that table next to us.

Nice to meet you pizza god and Mr. Haskell. I think that business plan we discussed will make us all rich.

I quite agree...boy that sounds like an incentive for more people to come next time...
"Come and hear a plan that will make you rich!"

[Cheesy]
Steve
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2008, 01:12:37 am »

You people need to learn how to cook and entertain at home.  Joe Momma Restaurant? I have no idea about this place, nor do I care to.  For $5, you can buy an excellent frozen pizza that would cost 3X that amount at a restaurant, in house or delivered.  Spaghetti, lasagne, pizza, it is all so easy to make at home for half the price of any restaurant in town.  One can make excellent marinara sauce with canned tomatoes and the proper herbs, dried or otherwise, and this is the basis for many great Italian foods.

When it comes to pizza or Italian, I always will entertain at home, much cheaper and much better.  When I eat out, I want something I would normally not make at home, so that excludes Italian.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 01:26:27 am by Steve » Logged
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008, 05:45:08 am »

Next lunch is at Steve's house!

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 06:30:28 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

You people need to learn how to cook and entertain at home.  Joe Momma Restaurant? I have no idea about this place, nor do I care to.  For $5, you can buy an excellent frozen pizza that would cost 3X that amount at a restaurant, in house or delivered.  Spaghetti, lasagne, pizza, it is all so easy to make at home for half the price of any restaurant in town.  One can make excellent marinara sauce with canned tomatoes and the proper herbs, dried or otherwise, and this is the basis for many great Italian foods.

When it comes to pizza or Italian, I always will entertain at home, much cheaper and much better.  When I eat out, I want something I would normally not make at home, so that excludes Italian.

Since JoeMomma's owner is a poster on this forum, as well as this thread, I'd duck and cover if I were you.

If everyone followed your rules, no-one would eat out, anywhere.
Opus 2
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2008, 09:04:20 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle
If everyone followed your rules, no-one would eat out, anywhere.

And apparently Steve doesn't realize that it takes a lot more skill and talent to produce a restaurant-quality meal than it does to open a frozen pizza box.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2008, 09:31:23 am »

Steve,

You are correct.  Meals at home are often more tailored to your pallet.  They are almost always cheaper and sometimes more convenient.

BUT, no frozen pizza is as a good as a fresh pizza in an actual pizza oven (not even a made from scratch pizza at home, which I do from time to time - my crust is ugly but tasty. Usually ends up an odd oval shape).  Sea food is usually better at a restaurant.  Some dishes take more prep time than I want to devote to a meal or can on a given day.

Furthermore, it's not only about the food. Sometimes I want to be treated like I matter - even if I have to pay someone to do that.  My wife and I can go out with our son and not have to yell at him to do the dishes, or clear the table, or the little things that sometimes you just don't feel like doing.

So sit at home.  Rent DVDs instead of going to the theater, look at pictures of the ocean instead of wading in it, and cook yourself a nice meal.  You don't need to go to Jo Mamma's or even know "about this place,"  but that's no reason to chastise anyone else for doing so.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
JoeMommaBlake
Civic Leader

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2008, 08:03:05 pm »

Steve,

Thanks for sharing. I'd love to give you an excuse to learn about and even experience Joe Momma's.

Though I'm clearly not the most objective person as it relates to Joe Momma's, I'd love to tell you about some of the perks of dining out with us instead of eating at your own house.

1. The price is actually quite good and is even competitive with the national chains. You can eat for around three and a half bucks a person if you split a large pizza between yourself and two friends.

I will even go so far as to say that I don't believe you that you can cook an equal meal for yourself for less. Fresh produce, high protein flour, yeast, olive oil, meats, and whole milk mozzarella are expensive toppings.

2. We have more TVs in one room than you have in your whole house. Imagine the pleasure of watching TGOV 24, ESPN, and American Idol at the same time.

3. We do the dishes....all of them....every time.

4. Friendly service. We're not a full service restaurant, so you don't have to worry about leaving a tip, however, it is not uncommon for us to fill a customer's drink and package up their leftovers for them...free of charge.

5. Eating out at local restaurants feeds money back in to the local economy which serves to pay for things like road maintenance. Therefore, next time you drive across a pot-hole, think to yourself, "I should eat out more, especially at local restaurants."

6. Sometimes it's good for a person's reputation for them to be seen at popular and trendy eating establishments. Trust me when I tell you that eating at Joe Momma's does amazing things for your personal life that eating at home simply can't do.

I could go on for days, but I just wanted to plant a seed....the rest is on you, Steve.
Ask for me when you find us, and if I'm around, I'll comp your pizza.

Thanks,
Blake

"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized."
- Daniel Burnham

http://www.joemommastulsa.com
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2008, 08:34:07 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by JoeMommaBlake

Steve,

Thanks for sharing. I'd love to give you an excuse to learn about and even experience Joe Momma's.

Though I'm clearly not the most objective person as it relates to Joe Momma's, I'd love to tell you about some of the perks of dining out with us instead of eating at your own house.

1. The price is actually quite good and is even competitive with the national chains. You can eat for around three and a half bucks a person if you split a large pizza between yourself and two friends.

I will even go so far as to say that I don't believe you that you can cook an equal meal for yourself for less. Fresh produce, high protein flour, yeast, olive oil, meats, and whole milk mozzarella are expensive toppings.

2. We have more TVs in one room than you have in your whole house. Imagine the pleasure of watching TGOV 24, ESPN, and American Idol at the same time.

3. We do the dishes....all of them....every time.

4. Friendly service. We're not a full service restaurant, so you don't have to worry about leaving a tip, however, it is not uncommon for us to fill a customer's drink and package up their leftovers for them...free of charge.

5. Eating out at local restaurants feeds money back in to the local economy which serves to pay for things like road maintenance. Therefore, next time you drive across a pot-hole, think to yourself, "I should eat out more, especially at local restaurants."

6. Sometimes it's good for a person's reputation for them to be seen at popular and trendy eating establishments. Trust me when I tell you that eating at Joe Momma's does amazing things for your personal life that eating at home simply can't do.

I could go on for days, but I just wanted to plant a seed....the rest is on you, Steve.
Ask for me when you find us, and if I'm around, I'll comp your pizza.

Thanks,
Blake

Quod erat demonstrandum.  Awesome.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org