A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 12:14:01 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mildren RIP  (Read 1403 times)
FOTD
« on: May 23, 2008, 12:10:25 pm »

To many of us, Jack's passing is damn sad. He was a hero to those of us Sooner fans in the early 70's. He set the stage for the greatest decade in Oklahoma college sports. Without his leadership, the attention to OU football would never have been so strong. His success led to many more and led into recruting the likes of the Selmons, Joe Washington, Steve Davis and many others.

Moaning low....

TulsaSooner
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 01:14:58 pm »

Indeed.  By all accounts, Jack was a great Sooner and a great Oklahoman and a success in many different arenas.

Condolences to his family.  RIP, Jack.  [Sad]
waterboy
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 01:53:54 pm »

I was there in the early 70's too FOTD. I emailed the bad news to my ex in Cali because she just loved him. We both felt he was the best wishbone quarterback on the most personable and prolific teams of the century. And a damn straight guy.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 02:26:52 pm »

The passing of another Oklahoma legend.  Great man on and off the field.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 02:31:08 pm »

RIP Jack....What a performance in the Game of the Century and the one called life....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org