A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 05:26:39 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Enlyten  (Read 8730 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2009, 09:49:57 am »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

I suppose I could embrace other methods...what if we added vitamins to Marshall's beer?

In my reality there are plenty of vitamins in Marshall's beer.  Take it from a 538 year old man...it's the perfect food.  There can be only one.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2009, 09:48:58 pm »

15 posts and no one hit the obvious:

Do they have SPAM-flavored strips?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 09:01:33 am »

i was going to let it go but pancakes...

unless you are on some crazy-donkey diet or have a real actual diagnosed condition (i.e. cf, short gut, a drunk) multivitamins are a waste... they just make your pee more yellow (and tasty)...http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090210/ap_on_he_me/med_vitamin_disappointment...

and electrolyte solutions/supplements? unless you are endurance training (like 3-4 hrs) it is all bull****, literally... there is some good evidence that the carbohydrate electrolyte solutions (i.e. gatorade) lead to more GI issues in long distance athletes... ever see those guys/gals at a marathon with stool running down their legs? that's them...  just drink plenty of water, you'll be fine...
http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/hydrationandfluid/a/ProperHydration.htm

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 08:25:09 pm »

Its funny..I found electrolite strips in Walgreens this weekend while getting pedialite for the kids..they were 5.99 for 40 strips...guess they beat you to the punch...
charky
Civic Leader

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 09:23:54 am »

quote:
Originally posted by brunoflipper

and electrolyte solutions/supplements? unless you are endurance training (like 3-4 hrs) it is all bull****, literally... there is some good evidence that the carbohydrate electrolyte solutions (i.e. gatorade) lead to more GI issues in long distance athletes... ever see those guys/gals at a marathon with stool running down their legs? that's them...  just drink plenty of water, you'll be fine...

Ehhh...debatable. I don't really consider myself an athlete...but I am a long distance runner. I'm good with water up through about 12 miles or roughly 2 hours of running. Beyond that...I always supplement with some type of electrolyte tablet or some Clif shots. But I've known runners that made it through a marathon with just water.

Different bodies react differently.

ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2009, 10:14:00 am »

They now have Visene strips.

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2009, 02:56:58 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by charky

quote:

Ehhh...debatable. I don't really consider myself an athlete...but I am a long distance runner. I'm good with water up through about 12 miles or roughly 2 hours of running. Beyond that...I always supplement with some type of electrolyte tablet or some Clif shots. But I've known runners that made it through a marathon with just water.

I'm with you.  There's a real difference between drinking water and something electrolyte-y over long distances.  I always get a measurable perk-up after a shot of gatorade. Other times I've stayed with pure agua and just crapped out after about an hour and a half of running.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2009, 03:54:19 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by ARGUS

They now have Visene strips.

I tried to get a patent for dehydrated water, didn't work out.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2009, 03:57:30 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by we vs us

quote:
Originally posted by charky

quote:

I'm with you.  There's a real difference between drinking water and something electrolyte-y over long distances.  I always get a measurable perk-up after a shot of gatorade. Other times I've stayed with pure agua and just crapped out after about an hour and a half of running.

I generally stay away from energy drinks and stick with water when I'm on a long bike or training for rowing.  For longer rowing races when I'm in several events, I'll rely on fruit sugars or a Tiger's Milk bar between races, but I generally don't load up on electrolytes.  I just stay hydrated enough that I have to make a periodic trip to the men's room.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2009, 10:02:32 pm »

"There is definitely life after oat bran. All our nation has to show after years of that is diarrhea."

Julia Child

Power is nothing till you use it.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2009, 09:41:11 am »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

"There is definitely life after oat bran. All our nation has to show after years of that is diarrhea."

Julia Child

There's a visual
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 04:02:44 pm »

Interesting little article about this MLM marketing stuff...

http://www.mlmblog.net/monavie/

Wal-Mart - Sam's Club Set To Put MonaVie Out Of Business?

When your company doesn't have a unique product, your only choice is to build your business on hype, false claims and other mumbo-jumbo.

Regardless of what some may think, people are not stupid.  They will eventually find out that a product similar to MonaVie is being sold in Sam's Club for $17.24 while MonaVie product is being sold for $39.  

Here is the price tag from Sam's Club (a division of Wal-Mart) - note the comparison to MonaVie on the shelf tag:

Finally, have a look at the back label.  I will be posting a comparison of ingredients soon:

Wal-Mart and Costco are not stupid either, gang.  Building a business based on a juice that can be copied so easily along with hype filled testimonies that many times cross the legal line into medical claims will catch up MonaVie.  The hype only lasts so long.

Update II (Ingredients):

Frut A Vie ingredients:

Proprietary blend of Acai (Freeze Dried Powder & Puree), Grape Juice, Pear Juice, Cherry Juice, Pomegranate Juice, Goji Juice (Wolfberry), Apple Juice, Cranberry Juice, Blueberry Juice, Acerola, Grape Skin Extract, Bannana, & 1140mg of Mangosteen Peel Extract. (incomplete - I am working on getting the rest of the ingredients).

MonaVie Active ingredients:

Proprietary blend of acai (freeze dried powder and puree); Fruit juice from concentrate (white grape, nashi pear, acerola, aronia, purple grape, cranberry, passion fruit, apricot, prune, kiwi, blueberry, wolfberry [goji], pomegranate, and lychee, camu camu); fruit purees (pear, banana, bilberry);d-glucosamine hydrochloride, esterified fatty acids, natural flavor, citric acid, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate.

ORAC Values:

MonaVie has an ORAC score of 1027 per oz.

Frut A Vie has an ORAC score of 3500 per oz.

An Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) score is a test tube analysis that measures the antioxidant levels of food and other chemical substances. If a food has a high ORAC score, then it means the food is high in antioxidants. The antioxidant’s strength is its ability to eliminate oxygen free radicals.
Michael71
Civic Leader

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2009, 07:53:42 pm »

you would think that newbies would read responses to crap like this before posting.

It took me months of posting crap...just so I could get a little respect!!!...not that I have it, but...

--------------------------
"Why be part of the 'brain drain' that gets sucked out of Tulsa...The opportunity IS there, you just gotta make it!!"--Eric Marshall
ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 11:39:12 am »

they just noe came out with Mona Vie flavor too!

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 12:24:35 pm »

Since the guy who runs Monavie is on his third company selling a "revolutionary health breakthrough" through MLM and one of his previous "breakthroughs" was shutdown by the government and the FDA made him destroy all the product, I quit reading this post at "monavie"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org