A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 04:32:49 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natural Gorcers 31st and Harvard  (Read 2264 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« on: October 27, 2013, 01:00:24 pm »

Tried it for the first time today.  The place is a cross between Atkins and Whole Foods.  Nice but small produce section.  All meat/seafood is prepackaged.  A focus on organic or sustainable things.  Some very interesting items and selections.

I will be going for a few things from time to time, but bit won't replace Reasors for me.

BUT - in the back they have a demonstration kitchen.  Great, whatever.  BUT THE VERY BACK WALL IS A HUGE BLOWUP OF DOWNTOWN TULSA CIRCA 1925ish.  I was both amazed and depressed. Steel frames going up all over.  Not a surface lot in site.  This is no action shot - but downtown seems alive.

Worth stopping just to see that picture IMHO.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 09:10:43 pm by cannon_fodder » Logged

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 01:18:29 pm »

Tried it for the first time today.  The place is a cross between Atkins and Whole Foods.  Nice but small produce section.  All meat/seafood is prepackaged.  A focus on organic or sustainable things.  Some very interesting items and selections.

I will be going for a few things from time to time, but bit won't replace Reasors for me.

BUT - in the back they have a demonstration kitchen.  Great, whatever.  BUT THE VERY BACK WALL IS A HUGE BLOWUP OF DOWNTOWN TULSA CIRCA 1925ish.  I was both amazed and depressed. Steel frames going up all over.  Not a surface lot in site.  This is no action shot - but downtown seems alive.

Worth stopping just to see that picture IMHO.

Back when the city centers were the heartbeat of cities.

Interstate highways were the thing that moved all of the population from the city centers into the suburbs.  In my opinion anyway.  I'm in the in middle of book called The Big Roads that's a fascinating read about how the Eisenhower Interstate Highway System came into being and the fact that Eisenhower had very little if any to do with it aside from signing bill that funded it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 05:24:21 pm »

How are prices compared to Aikin's? Mrs. Conan says Akin's is far higher than any other supplement stores she's been in.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 07:17:42 pm »

Interstate highways were the thing that moved all of the population from the city centers into the suburbs.  In my opinion anyway.  I'm in the in middle of book called The Big Roads that's a fascinating read about how the Eisenhower Interstate Highway System came into being and the fact that Eisenhower had very little if any to do with it aside from signing bill that funded it.

Maybe around here. 

Back on the east coast, mass transit enabled "the masses" to move from center city to the suburbs and even farther out.  The town where I spent from age about two to twenty was a prime example.  We lived 100 yards from a trolley stop that could get you to downtown Philly about as fast as you could drive in a car.  There were other rail options in different parts of our town that would take you to different parts of Philly downtown business area.  Philadelphia had a mass transit system that would get you all over the place.  My mom lived out in a rural area that had train service to downtown Philly.  A lot of that system still exists.

CoffeeBean
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 07:19:11 am »

How are prices compared to Aikin's? Mrs. Conan says Akin's is far higher than any other supplement stores she's been in.

I can't speak for supplements,  but I regularly drink stevia-based soda and they are far cheaper at Natural Grocer's. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org