A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 01:09:33 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 91 & Yale Development  (Read 29917 times)
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2013, 07:48:15 am »

The concrete crews came through and did a wonderful job on the business entrances on the South side of 101st and Yale and a nice job on the drainage canals.  I was really impressed.

Then the asphalt crew came through and jacked it all to Hell.  Wow, they did a horrible job.  They didn't smooth the asphalt at all going into the businesses and now when those folks are leaving it's a big bump to get out.

That was a lot of money to spend for a half-assed job from a contractor someone's brother in law.

Corrected....
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2013, 08:54:54 am »

The concrete crews came through and did a wonderful job on the business entrances on the South side of 101st and Yale and a nice job on the drainage canals.  I was really impressed.

Then the asphalt crew came through and jacked it all to Hell.  Wow, they did a horrible job.  They didn't smooth the asphalt at all going into the businesses and now when those folks are leaving it's a big bump to get out.

That was a lot of money to spend for a half-assed job from a contractor.

Becco?  Sounds like their work. 

Last summer they came through Elwood between I-44 and W. 41st St. and dug out random patches of asphalt down to the substrate.  I'm assuming they were fixing sunken areas of asphalt from all the semi traffic.  Now we have a bunch of sunken patches all down the road so I can enjoy "kerthunk, kerthunk, kerthunk..." every day since they could not be troubled to flush in the final asphalt layer.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2013, 10:54:10 am »

Becco?  Sounds like their work. 

Last summer they came through Elwood between I-44 and W. 41st St. and dug out random patches of asphalt down to the substrate.  I'm assuming they were fixing sunken areas of asphalt from all the semi traffic.  Now we have a bunch of sunken patches all down the road so I can enjoy "kerthunk, kerthunk, kerthunk..." every day since they could not be troubled to flush in the final asphalt layer.

I wonder.  Is Becco the same contractor who did the 169 resurfacing project?  You know?  The one that makes 169 feel like driving on runway 36R out at TIA?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2013, 12:44:05 pm »

That was a lot of money to spend for a half-assed job from a contractor.

Wink  Perhaps they anticipate the asphalt and substrate to settle? 

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2013, 01:50:09 pm »

Wink  Perhaps they anticipate the asphalt and substrate to settle? 

Maybe so, but Becco is still half-assed....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2013, 02:30:20 pm »

I wonder.  Is Becco the same contractor who did the 169 resurfacing project?  You know?  The one that makes 169 feel like driving on runway 36R out at TIA?

Would not surprise me. I avoid 169 at all cost.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2013, 04:24:08 pm »

Would not surprise me. I avoid 169 at all cost.

I used to not really be able to.  That is until I started working at 15th and Sheridan.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2013, 10:24:02 am »

CVS Pharmacy opened over the weekend.  I also saw a sign for Smashburger.  Not sure of what else is going in there, but they are moving fast to get the spots filled and open

rdj
City Father

« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2013, 11:13:25 am »

McNellie's group takes over their space in about 30-45 days to begin build out of Yokozuna.  Open few months after that.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2013, 10:31:13 pm »

Whole Foods got a Jimmie Johns as a neighbor.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2013, 01:50:59 pm »

CVS Pharmacy opened over the weekend.  I also saw a sign for Smashburger.  Not sure of what else is going in there, but they are moving fast to get the spots filled and open

Was in Moore OK a couple days ago and had the opportunity to eat at the new Smashburger there... blech!!  Will never bother with that again.

Strange how a little distance can make a big difference - the one in Wichita is pretty decent. 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2013, 02:05:15 pm »

the one in Wichita is pretty decent. 

I think your memory might be flawed.
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2013, 03:14:58 pm »

I was the same way untill I ordered a burger at SB with "no salt" which was pretty darn good...

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2013, 05:04:52 pm »

Always possible, but this time, I think it is ok.  Not sure why there would be a difference, but it wasn't burnt up there.  And the fries were better...but I got the regular instead of the smashed.  Rosemary just doesn't belong on a french fry.  Other potato cooking methods, yes.  But not that one.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org