A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 02:28:53 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brookside borders?  (Read 7048 times)
tim huntzinger
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2007, 08:36:36 am »

Here is something of interest, ARTEEST, from 'Urban Tulsa Weakly' Insider's Guide.  Tell me if you can guess what development is being described: 'Downtown's newest residential addition.  Brownstones and town homes that are built to last and to bring a community together.  Complete with your own pond and walking path.' (emph mine, p.42, Spr. Ed.)

Any guesses?

Bad news: Brookside brickwork is developing a nasty lip where the bricks meet the tar.  Good news: Hughes' latest addition looks like it is going to be painted white, hiding the nasty cheap bricks they are made with.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2007, 09:04:24 am »

Where is Hughes latetest addition.....

Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2007, 09:27:47 am »

I thought there was no actual brick in Peoria on Brookside.  Isn't it painted, stamped asphalt, like they do everywhere now when they do streetscaping?  It's what they used on Clark Street in Chicago when I lived there, and I'm pretty sure the last time I was in Tulsa I saw them doing the stamping on Peoria.

Tim, sorry, but you're wrong about the bricks developing a lip.  There aren't any, so they can't.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2007, 09:33:26 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Floyd

I thought there was no actual brick in Peoria on Brookside.  Isn't it painted, stamped asphalt, like they do everywhere now when they do streetscaping?  It's what they used on Clark Street in Chicago when I lived there, and I'm pretty sure the last time I was in Tulsa I saw them doing the stamping on Peoria.

Tim, sorry, but you're wrong about the bricks developing a lip.  There aren't any, so they can't.

The cross walks are brick pavers....

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2007, 05:45:43 pm »

Oooold news. http://www.tulsatoday.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=472&Itemid=2
http://www.thevillagebuilders.com/story.htm

Unless your going to suprise me with something else?[Smiley]

As for the "Huhges bricks". When I noticed they were laying the fist few bricks I wondered if they were going to paint them and thought... Hope they aren't spending a lot of money on those since they are going to paint over it all to match the rest.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
NormDPloom
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2007, 11:24:01 pm »

The bricks are backyard patio pavers.
The white brick building is Aberson's project.
The neighborhood assoc. borders are 31-51. riverside -lewis, but if you live past utica your house is worth too much to be considered "brookside"
tim huntzinger
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2007, 12:49:39 pm »

My bad, I thought the new buildings were Hughes projects.  At least they are not stuccoed.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org