A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 09:29:48 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dilemma  (Read 2373 times)
Ibanez
City Father

« on: July 05, 2007, 12:36:46 pm »

I signed a contract on Monday to sell my house.

Today I get a call from the title company saying the found a "judgment" against my house. I asked for what and they wouldn't tell me. Said they would mail me something explaining what they found.

So I call Tulsa County Land Records and ask them if they can find anything. They do some searching. Take my name, my address, etc.. and are very VERY helpful. I waited while the gentleman looked for anything and he couldn't find any liens, judgments, etc... against me or the property. Which is what I expected.

So I'm confused. What the heck else could their possibly be and if there were something wouldn't Tulsa County Land Records have the information?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 12:45:31 pm »

First have the title co. make sure they have the correct legal description of the property.

Then double check and make sure that OTC doesn't have any personal tax liens on you, unpaid property taxes with the county, or that there wasn't a contractor you got in a dispute with at any time who may have filed a contractor's lien on your house.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 01:01:31 pm »

Probably a contractors lien.  The judgment would have been "He didnt pay me, I hold a lien."  "Ok, pound."

Some jurisdictions are placing liens now for unpaid tickets on out of state victims, I mean offenders.  Not sure why that would show up as a judgment though.  

There is also a chance either the title co. or contractor has or had the wrong address.  Ie., there isnt a lien on your property, they searched for the wrong property, or the lien was placed on the wrong property.  Its also possible that the last title search was faulty and there was a lien when you purchased it.

Fun fun fun.  Better you than me.  Sorry.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 01:42:34 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

Probably a contractors lien.  The judgment would have been "He didnt pay me, I hold a lien."  "Ok, pound."

Some jurisdictions are placing liens now for unpaid tickets on out of state victims, I mean offenders.  Not sure why that would show up as a judgment though.  

There is also a chance either the title co. or contractor has or had the wrong address.  Ie., there isnt a lien on your property, they searched for the wrong property, or the lien was placed on the wrong property.  Its also possible that the last title search was faulty and there was a lien when you purchased it.

Fun fun fun.  Better you than me.  Sorry.

The one line you wrote is a scary line "The lien may have been placed on the wrong property" -That would be a bad one, and hard to clear up (I would think). I'm no real estate expert though, but that seems like it'll be a bad one, almost like proving a negitive. That's what your title insurance is for I believe. I hope a lawyer won't be needed.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
DM
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 01:55:07 pm »

You can walk into the title company and get a copy if you dont want to wait.
AMP
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 02:13:20 pm »

What kind of Title Company does not have FAX or a scanner to zip it over to you right now.  Sure will be raising hell the second you are late on a payment. LOL
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 09:43:01 pm »

I would not panic....It will get cleared up......

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org