A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 01:17:10 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 1999 times)
Breadburner
City Father

« on: December 24, 2007, 01:55:05 pm »

To All My Democrat Friends:
Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the  only America in the Western Hemisphere. Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishes.

To My Republican Friends:
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 02:48:43 pm »

(I posted this to CycleDog earlier today, but it's equally appropriate here)

I know, I know. Most everyone is on the road somewhere or stuck in a security line at the airport, hoping (sometimes in vain) to get on a flight.

The CycleDog clan is right here at home. Son and daughter both have to work today, but they'll be home by late afternoon. Mary and I will make a grocery store run for last minute goodies, and I'll probably (no, no, not probably, substitute definitely) stop at the liquor store for another bottle of rum. When it's cold, a hot buttered rum helps fight off the chill. Two hot buttered rums are even better.

(Number One Son is preparing to go to work by playing Guitar Hero over and over. I swear the demented people who came up with that game did it in an attempt to push me over the edge. My only consolation is that once I'm a grandfather, I'll buy things like that for his kids!)

Most years at Christmas, I'm stressed out from worrying about money, travel, and the myriad things that go into 'celebrating' the holiday. This time, we're not planning on any travel. I had the forethought to get most of my shopping done weeks ago. I'm broke again, but that's not unusual. Oddly, I've been sitting here watching the birds arrive at the feeder outside the kitchen window, and my thoughts have been revolving around Christmases past. I'm looking forward to this evening, hopefully a quiet one spent with family here at home.

And of course, tonight Santa arrives. Actually, she's already here, still in her pajamas and sleeping late just down the hall. It's a wonder that Guitar Hero hasn't jolted her awake.

I'm rambling a bit so I'll end this. The very best part of Christmas is spending it with those we love, so my Christmas wish is that all of you be with your loved ones this holiday. Everything else is secondary. It's the people who are special.

Life is good.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 08:42:09 pm »

Christmas is good for us at the Recycle household as well this year. I have two young children and the whole lights, decorations, presents and music thing is always better with kids.

Tonight we came back from church and had fifteen of my side of the family over. That wave just left and we are preparing for six of the wife's family coming over in a few minutes. I am sick of chips, cookies, and meats/cheese trays and just want to order a pizza or a burger.

I took the kids to Target today to pick out the last few presents for their mother. The crowds were big, but they had every cashier station open so it went well. Target now sells premium chocolates including Ghiradelli, Lindt (the wife's favorite) and their own brand, Choxie. I am not much of a chocolate fan, but have learned how much better premium chocolates are than the Hershey's bars I used to buy at Quik Trip.

I hope the second party ends soon because I still have a dozen gifts to wrap and some assembly is still required. I probably won't get to bed before 2 or 3 am and if history is a guide, the kids will be awake by 6am.

Merry Christmas to all of you and hope that your day is as fun and as much of a blessing as mine will be.

Power is nothing till you use it.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 10:07:59 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Breadburner

To All My Democrat Friends

Would it hurt you to use correct English?  It's Democratic.  Not Democrat.  What can I say, I'm a stickler for good grammar.

Also, geez, that's a pretty convoluted paragraph I had to chop out there.  All you had to say was, "Happy Holidays, my peeps!"

We Democrats, you might find, would be surprisingly responsive [Wink]

And a Merry Christmas to you, sir!

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 11:24:32 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by we vs us

quote:
Originally posted by Breadburner

To All My Democrat Friends

Would it hurt you to use correct English?  It's Democratic.  Not Democrat.  What can I say, I'm a stickler for good grammar.

Also, geez, that's a pretty convoluted paragraph I had to chop out there.  All you had to say was, "Happy Holidays, my peeps!"

We Democrats, you might find, would be surprisingly responsive [Wink]

And a Merry Christmas to you, sir!

Actually it was a joke...I copied it from somewhere else...Does your sarcasm meter have it's power restored yet...?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org