A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 09:25:11 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coming to a Theater Near You...  (Read 5835 times)
rwarn17588
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2007, 08:57:30 pm »

<guido asked:

Do you think the general population knows what really happens during an abortion and what the remains of the unborn really look like?

<end clip>

Yes.

This is yet another edition of simple answers to stupid questions.
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 10:20:46 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

quote:
Originally posted by rwarn17588

Guido, you're free to be an advocate for anything you want.

But ultimately, I want people making these decisions, not the government.

+1

In fact, I strongly encourage people to advocate against abortion as a choice and especially to offer alternatives.  Support groups, easy adoption programs, funding for medical care, and so on.  So many people want to adopt children in this country.

Good for you. Do you practice what you preach? Have you adopted any children?

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2007, 02:00:26 pm »

quote:

Ahhhhh...So your a female officer that works for the Sheriffs Department......

What the hell does that mean? I cannot advocate for the unborn?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2007, 02:01:43 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by rwarn17588

<guido asked:

Do you think the general population knows what really happens during an abortion and what the remains of the unborn really look like?

<end clip>

Yes.

This is yet another edition of simple answers to stupid questions.

What a thoughtful and reasoned response. Oh, and way to address the points I raised.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2007, 04:44:30 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by guido911

quote:

Why don't you answer the question.....

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2007, 09:31:01 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Breadburner

quote:

quote:

Why don't you answer the question.....

What question? Am I a female officer working in the Sheriff's office or was I the officer involved in an accident. The answer to both is no. Now, answer the points I raised or shut up.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2007, 08:23:22 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Double A

quote:
In fact, I strongly encourage people to advocate against abortion as a choice and especially to offer alternatives.  Support groups, easy adoption programs, funding for medical care, and so on.  So many people want to adopt children in this country.

I fail to see how that has any impact on the debate.  The demand for adoption is so great that they are certainly not seeking additional consumers.  The only logical backing for your response is to assume that abortion is prevalent because there is not a larger market for adoption and therefor I need to be a consumer.  That is patently false and contrary to what I said.

However, my girlfriend and I did go ahead and decide to raise our child when we were both 19.  An alternative would have been far easier given that we were both in school, both worked, are non-religious, and were 19.  In that light, yes... I do practice what I preach.   And I'm damn happy we decided to put in the effort to raise a family, that's why I encourage other people to do the same.

Do you care to take a position in this discussion or just try to call me out on it?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2007, 08:26:56 am »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Double A

quote:

I fail to see how that has any impact on the debate.  The demand for adoption is so great that they are certainly not seeking additional consumers.  The only logical backing for your response is to assume that abortion is prevalent because there is not a larger market for adoption and therefor I need to be a consumer.  That is patently false and contrary to what I said.

However, my girlfriend and I did go ahead and decide to raise our child when we were both 19.  An alternative would have been far easier given that we were both in school, both worked, are non-religious, and were 19.  In that light, yes... I do practice what I preach.   And I'm damn happy we decided to put in the effort to raise a family, that's why I encourage other people to do the same.

Do you care to take a position in this discussion or just try to call me out on it?

Good response and good for you CF.

mr.jaynes
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2007, 06:32:26 pm »

quote:

quote:

You're not like one of those creepy prolife types that hangs out around reproductive clinics and goes into histrionics, are you?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2007, 12:24:23 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by mr.jaynes

quote:

quote:

You're not like one of those creepy prolife types that hangs out around reproductive clinics and goes into histrionics, are you?

Nope.
From your question, sounds like you are one of these creepy pro-abortion morons:
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2007/12/29/abortion-supporter-knocks-69-yr-old-pro-lifer-unconscious-msm-si

mr.jaynes
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2007, 01:59:44 pm »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by mr.jaynes

quote:

quote:

Nope.
From your question, sounds like you are one of these creepy pro-abortion morons:
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2007/12/29/abortion-supporter-knocks-69-yr-old-pro-lifer-unconscious-msm-si

Ordinarily, at least until recently, I'd be more in the pro-choice camp, until I saw that I really didn't have a dog in that particular hunt. I'm not a woman, nor am I married, nor am I in the situation in life where these kinds of issues would affect me. There does seem to be many in the choice camp who do not have a stake in this issue.

I'm not big on the more extremist ends of the debate. The pro-lifers and choicers have those who'll weigh in on the issue, but will not go to the exteremes that others go to. I've known some moderates on both sides. But there are some elemts on the pro-life side that do give me the willies.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org