A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 01:24:10 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lingering 2007 Ice Storm Damage  (Read 2658 times)
dsjeffries
« on: October 03, 2008, 02:38:30 pm »

I thought I'd share some pictures of my parents' house in Skiatook that I took last weekend.  Our property is still pretty damaged from the ice storms of last year.

We're only able to do so much, so much of the land is still how the ice storm left it.

Edit:  Here are some photos showing what the land looked like before the ice storm:

« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 10:58:26 am by dsjeffries » Logged
Hometown
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 03:32:26 pm »

Your post reminds me that I wanted to share the name and number of an excellent Tree Man and an excellent Stump Man.

We live here in Tulsa and lost 10 trees.  I had a couple of trees that I hoped would mend and make it but they did not.  They were removed last week.

Anyway, if you are looking for a very good tree man and a very good stump man that charge reasonable rates, clean up after themselves and do excellent work call:

Tree Man
Todd A. Teel in Chelsea at 918-244-6300.

Stump Grinding Man
Bill Irons in Big Cabin at 918-783-5236.

They both are much more reasonably priced that Tulsa tree guys and they do better work.  Stump man wants a $40 minimum of work.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 03:34:17 pm by Hometown » Logged
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 05:11:41 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hometown

Your post reminds me that I wanted to share the name and number of an excellent Tree Man and an excellent Stump Man.

We live here in Tulsa and lost 10 trees.  I had a couple of trees that I hoped would mend and make it but they did not.  They were removed last week.

Anyway, if you are looking for a very good tree man and a very good stump man that charge reasonable rates, clean up after themselves and do excellent work call:

Tree Man
Todd A. Teel in Chelsea at 918-244-6300.

Stump Grinding Man
Bill Irons in Big Cabin at 918-783-5236.

They both are much more reasonably priced that Tulsa tree guys and they do better work.  Stump man wants a $40 minimum of work.

How much do they charge for travel time to the Tulsa area?

Hometown
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 08:28:32 am »

Red Arrow, sorry for the delay in responding.  I had to do chores.

No, they don't charge for travel.  They are in Tulsa often.

Stump grinder ground 10 stumps of various sizes for $320.

Tree man charged $350 to remove one tree.  His price depends on tree and location but Tulsa tree guys would have charged me about $1,000.

The last two trees I had removed had been topped and dehorned.  The remaining branches became weighed down with suckers and the weight ruined the branches.  There was a strong possibility those branches would break off in future storms.

Tree guy says if we have another ice storm this winter, many trees that were weakened in the last ice storm will break.

Many of the undeveloped lots and absentee owner lots in our area are covered in damaged trees.  You have to wonder if any of this is ever going to be cleaned up.

Other than Mayor Taylor's efforts, we've had a failure of leadership to help us with Oklahoma's worst natural disaster.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 12:13:14 pm »

quote:

Red Arrow, sorry for the delay in responding.  I had to do chores.

No, they don't charge for travel.  They are in Tulsa often.

Tree man charged $350 to remove one tree.  His price depends on tree and location but Tulsa tree guys would have charged me about $1,000.

The last two trees I had removed had been topped and dehorned.  The remaining branches became weighed down with suckers and the weight ruined the branches.  There was a strong possibility those branches would break off in future storms.

Tree guy says if we have another ice storm this winter, many trees that were weakened in the last ice storm will break.

Many of the undeveloped lots and absentee owner lots in our area are covered in damaged trees.  You have to wonder if any of this is ever going to be cleaned up.

Other than Mayor Taylor's efforts, we've had a failure of leadership to help us with Oklahoma's worst natural disaster.

Thanks.  I have one big stump I'd like to get rid of. I need to determine how much I want to try myself.  These guys make me less inclined to do it myself.

dsjeffries
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 10:51:19 am »

quote:

In that case, it would cost between $4000 and $5000 to get our trees taken care of.  I guess we'll just labor on through next year, hacking away at them one at a time. [B)]
Hometown
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 01:19:37 pm »

God forbid that we should be able to apply to FEMA for a low interest loan.

Thank you Coburn and Inhofe and Sullivan for all your help.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 02:39:41 pm »

I rode from Riverwest Festival Park to 56th St. N. on the Midland Trail last night and back.  They are doing some tree work along the trail north of 36th St. N.  Not sure if that is remedial from last winter or just clearing out dense growth.  There's still tons of tree damage around town.

Not a bad trail except for the three attack dogs who thought I looked like fair game up near OSU-Tulsa.  

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org