A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 04:20:25 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Warrantless Wiretaps were Legal Afterall  (Read 3263 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: January 15, 2009, 03:18:11 pm »

Well Keith Olbermann and Superintelligent/Mega lawyer Jonathon Turley will not be pleased that Bush the "Fascist" may have broken no laws:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/16/washington/16fisa.html?_r=3&partner=rss&emc=rss

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 03:26:37 pm »

So?  He still blew up 9/11, or whatever the claim is.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 04:42:39 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by guido911

Well Keith Olbermann and Superintelligent/Mega lawyer Jonathon Turley will not be pleased that Bush the "Fascist" may have broken no laws:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/16/washington/16fisa.html?_r=3&partner=rss&emc=rss

He still has that little issue of torture to deal with though.

[:O]

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 05:06:58 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hoss

quote:

Who cares...What ever it takes....

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 08:19:50 am »

This ruling just absolves the telecom companies of culpability. They were just doing what the president wanted.  It doesn't address the constitutionality of warrantless wiretaps themselves.  
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 12:47:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by we vs us

This ruling just absolves the telecom companies of culpability. They were just doing what the president wanted.  It doesn't address the constitutionality of warrantless wiretaps themselves.  

BDS again demonstrated by wevsus. Here is an AP article discussing the ruling:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g9Q7M6scz4PEW8SuEo_bpOer6ZAQD95NRD1G0

From the article:

The U.S. Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court of Review said the time needed to get a court warrant would hinder the government's ability to collect time-sensitive information, impeding vital national security interests.

The challenge to the law has presented no evidence of any actual harm or any broad potential for abuse, the court's three judges concluded.

"Our decision does not constitute an endorsement of broad-based, indiscriminate executive power," the court said. "Rather, our decision recognizes that where the government has instituted several layers of serviceable safeguards ... its efforts to protect national security should not be frustrated by the courts."

How can that not suggest the wiretaps were anything but constitutional?

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 12:59:25 pm »

quote:

quote:

When you say "he", I suppose you are including all that had their hands in the torture of pool ole KSM and two other very senior al qaeda fiqures.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123120464870255997.html

Yep, he and both Democrat and Rebublican members of Congress that both knew and endorsed "torture" (which according to another in this forum includes sleep deprivation, nudity, isolation) will be having to answer. Here is an interesting articla about the involvment on senior DEMOCRATS that endorsed and/or encouraged tough interrogation tactics that I guess you would want prosecuted as well. Oh wait, you don't have PELOSI OR ROCKEFELLER Derangement Syndrome, do you?

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 02:58:30 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

When you say "he", I suppose you are including all that had their hands in the torture of pool ole KSM and two other very senior al qaeda fiqures.

Yep, he and both Democrat and Rebublican members of Congress that both knew and endorsed "torture" (which according to another in this forum includes sleep deprivation, nudity, isolation) will be having to answer. Here is an interesting articla about the involvment on senior DEMOCRATS that endorsed and/or encouraged tough interrogation tactics that I guess you would want prosecuted as well. Oh wait, you don't have PELOSI OR ROCKEFELLER Derangement Syndrome, do you?

But it was the EXECUTIVE who had the power to grant that via EXECUTVE ORDER to torture terrorist suspects.  Last I checked the members of Congress don't issue executive orders.

Whatever happened to 'the buck stops here'?

That must be only if you're not Dubya.

[B)]

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 08:07:09 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

But it was the EXECUTIVE who had the power to grant that via EXECUTVE ORDER to torture terrorist suspects.  Last I checked the members of Congress don't issue executive orders.

[B)]

If Congress opposed Bush, they could easily have cut off funding for these programs, conducted hearings, etc. The LEGISLATIVE branch did NOTHING. You are such an idiot.

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 08:28:24 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

[B)]

If Congress opposed Bush, they could easily have cut off funding for these programs, conducted hearings, etc. The LEGISLATIVE branch did NOTHING. You are such an idiot.

Man, check the ad hominems, dude.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 09:20:19 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

[B)]

You know, I have been listening to you BDS folks for years. They are so filled with anti-Bush hatred that they forget the DEMS were either complicit (torture) or the cause of problems laid entirely at Bush's feet (economy/Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac). I just cannot wait until after Obama is inaugerated so Bush being responsible for everying will end.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 10:59:03 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

[B)]

Right, most of that during the time that the Republicans controlled the legislative branch.

And don't worry about me wevs, this is Gweeds tactic.  He doesn't like what a poster says then if he can't fashion a retort he just calls them an idiot or some stuff like that.  Real intelligent banter for someone who went to law school vs someone who spent two years in community college.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 10:59:35 pm by Hoss » Logged

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 08:50:33 am »

What the hell is BDS?  And how does that excuse you calling people idiots and morons?  I'm here to have a discussion about politics, not get into a name calling war.  But if you think as little of me and my views as it sounds like you do, then maybe we really don't have much to say to each other after all.  

Read some of CF and Conan's posts for a little guidance; they're pretty good at arguing their side without being d***s about it.

quote:

I just cannot wait until after Obama is inaugerated so Bush being responsible for everying will end.

That makes two of us.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2009, 10:48:35 am »

quote:
quote:

I just cannot wait until after Obama is inaugerated so Bush being responsible for everying will end.

That makes two of us.

But I expect from different perspectives.

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2009, 11:49:43 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Red Arrow

quote:
quote:

That makes two of us.

But I expect from different perspectives.

My point exactly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org