A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 05:22:34 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QT using Facial Recognition Technology  (Read 8252 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« on: January 20, 2014, 11:04:19 am »

Since the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office formed a task force to concentrate on beer thefts, several arrests have been made, thanks in part to video surveillance cameras that feature facial recognition technology.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/quiktrip-thefts-called-epidemic/article_d0961e49-40a5-55ec-98d9-36842d2cbb94.html

“Hey, John Anderton! You could sure use a Guinness right about now.”

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 11:09:44 am »

Since the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office formed a task force to concentrate on beer thefts, several arrests have been made, thanks in part to video surveillance cameras that feature facial recognition technology.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/quiktrip-thefts-called-epidemic/article_d0961e49-40a5-55ec-98d9-36842d2cbb94.html

“Hey, John Anderton! You could sure use a Guinness right about now.”

I find it funny that the report indicates the location the beer was stolen from:

4705 S 129th East Ave.

There's not a QT location at that address.  Unless you're talking about the QT corporate HQ address....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 11:13:25 am »

I find it funny that the report indicates the location the beer was stolen from:
4705 S 129th East Ave.
There's not a QT location at that address.  Unless you're talking about the QT corporate HQ address....

Sounds like an inside job  Grin

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 12:32:36 pm »

I've seen many perps running from the QT at 15th and Denver, usually to a waiting car that is parked a block away
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 12:50:32 pm »

Their latest store design isn’t doing them any favors in terms of curbing shoplifting.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 01:37:38 pm »

Their latest store design isn’t doing them any favors in terms of curbing shoplifting.

I can't stand the new store design. It promotes bumping into other customers and trying to figure out who's next in line at the counter. It's a total cluster smoot!

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 01:47:07 pm »

I can't stand the new store design. It promotes bumping into other customers and trying to figure out who's next in line at the counter. It's a total cluster smoot!

The upside to it however is the parking is much improved.  But the only Gen III store I go to is the one down the street from my work (11th/Sheridan).  I usually go to Pine/Mingo or 11th/Hwy169 otherwise.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 02:09:47 pm »

The upside to it however is the parking is much improved.  But the only Gen III store I go to is the one down the street from my work (11th/Sheridan).  I usually go to Pine/Mingo or 11th/Hwy169 otherwise.

Agreed. And you can now get a fleet full of vehicles fueled at the same time.. It just seems so jam packed inside now compared to the old design.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 02:10:35 pm »

Agreed. And you can now get a fleet full of vehicles fueled at the same time.. It just seems so jam packed inside now compared to the old design.

There's an inside?
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 02:15:43 pm »

Oh and back to the topic at hand. I hope they are using the program that makes me look like George Clooney.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 05:27:50 pm »

There's an inside?

Yes, that's where you go when the receipt won't print at the pump.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 04:25:56 pm »

receipt

What's that?  Grin

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 04:51:34 pm »

What's that?  Grin

It's a little piece of paper with numbers on it, but that's not important right now.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 06:18:08 pm »

It's a little piece of paper with numbers on it, but that's not important right now.

Letters too.

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 08:35:30 pm »

Technically, the receipt is not printed because it's an inkless process. A tiny heating element causes a chemical reaction in the paper.

Carry on.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org