A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 12, 2024, 10:07:18 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Predictions!  (Read 7106 times)
OurTulsa
« on: December 28, 2009, 05:52:24 pm »

With the new year comes new opportunities and yada yada yada ~ what are some of things you hope to see happen or think will happen IN TULSA (or Oklahoma) in the coming year?  

Much of this is in fun.  I'm not nostradamus and I'm not sitting on emperical evidence to support my claims ~ mostly guessing and hoping.  

I'll get the obvious out of the way: we're going to be in a world of municipal fiscal hurt and recovery for most if not all of 2010.  I don't expect much big positive news coming out of the City of Tulsa in the coming year...

That said, I do expect our City to adopt PlaniTulsa without too many harsh modifications from where we are today - though some of our City Councilors still won't get it.  I don't expect our City to shift capital improvement priorities anytime soon after PlaniTulsa though.

I think the baseball park will open to great fan approval and average attendance will rise.  And a few very loud people will complain about parking downtown.

I think our WNBA team will be a hit!  The girls will rock this city and be embraced by our City and make the play-offs in their first year here (making that prediction without knowing anything about them yet).  The game attendance numbers will be some of the highest in the league.  

D-Fest will be slightly better than last year and have a higher percentage of attendants from outside the region.

Marshall's Beer will win more awards and continue to build its brand identity locally.

I hope to see some of our business districts take improvement matters into their own hands.  Decide to establish 'improvement districts' to pay for thier own public works and enhancements.  They will partner with the City to establish better development district specific development policies.  

The Bank of Oklahoma will finally go back into regional growth mode.

I hope TCC will announce another development on their vast parking lot reserve in SoDo.

TU and OU's joint venture in the health industry will establish some huge benchmarks leading to significant educational/research opportunities in Tulsa.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 05:11:07 pm by OurTulsa » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 08:01:10 pm »

I have a few predictions for members on the board (I have not purposely snubbed anyone, I'm sure more will come to mind):

Guido and USrufnex will be seen having lunch together and slapping each other on the back while Guido thumbs through a copy of Das Kapital and Ruf flips through American Spectator.

FOTD will renounce his deadhead ways, quit speaking of himself in the third person (or was that fourth?) and register as a Repiglican

SGrizzle will be spotted driving a Ford, carrying a Motorolla bag phone, and he will join Joe Momma's Anonymous

Recyclemichael will finally buy Christmas gifts for others at some place other than QT and his jokes will suddenly become funny

Shadows will finally make perfect sense to the rest of us through some freak of nature

cannon_fodder will cash in on a large lawsuit and build his own brewery

IPLaw and Altruismsuffers will return and eventually blow each other up..."thermate, dumbass!"

Rwarn will finally admit he's a closet Bush admirer

Hoss will get drafted as a drummer by Dokken for a reunion tour after their drummer is attacked by mad chickens

Red Arrow will suddenly quit making perfect sense on just about every issue

Custosnox will start a home defense school

Downtownnow will finally admit to having a secret crush on former Mayor Taylor and he will buy season tickets to the Drillers for all TN members

I will finally admit I'm a paid shill for Marshall's Brewing and will fulfill my life-long dream of becoming marketing director for a craft-brewery

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 08:11:39 pm »

Conman gets my vote for post of the year.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 09:07:23 pm »

I have a few predictions for members on the board (I have not purposely snubbed anyone, I'm sure more will come to mind):

Guido and USrufnex will be seen having lunch together and slapping each other on the back while Guido thumbs through a copy of Das Kapital and Ruf flips through American Spectator.

FOTD will renounce his deadhead ways, quit speaking of himself in the third person (or was that fourth?) and register as a Repiglican

SGrizzle will be spotted driving a Ford, carrying a Motorolla bag phone, and he will join Joe Momma's Anonymous

Recyclemichael will finally buy Christmas gifts for others at some place other than QT and his jokes will suddenly become funny

Shadows will finally make perfect sense to the rest of us through some freak of nature

cannon_fodder will cash in on a large lawsuit and build his own brewery

IPLaw and Altruismsuffers will return and eventually blow each other up..."thermate, dumbass!"

Rwarn will finally admit he's a closet Bush admirer

Hoss will get drafted as a drummer by Dokken for a reunion tour after their drummer is attacked by mad chickens

Red Arrow will suddenly quit making perfect sense on just about every issue

Custosnox will start a home defense school

Downtownnow will finally admit to having a secret crush on former Mayor Taylor and he will buy season tickets to the Drillers for all TN members

I will finally admit I'm a paid shill for Marshall's Brewing and will fulfill my life-long dream of becoming marketing director for a craft-brewery

+1

I wish that would have come true in, say, 1985 or 1986.  I'd be able to hold weekly Marshall Keg Parties and invite the lot of ya!

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dsjeffries
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 03:43:33 pm »

OurTulsa: Those are some pretty good predictions (and dreams Wink).

What are everyone's resolutions? And does TulsaNow have an official resolution?
I think we should! We could resolve, as a group, to purchase and restore the Tulsa Club Building!  Tongue

Don't forget to recycle your empty glass bottles after your New Year's parties!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 04:02:25 pm »

I was going to quit procrastinating as my New Year's resolution last year, but figured I'd do it this year.  I think I'll hold off till next year now.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rwarn17588
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 11:20:14 pm »

I predict that Conan will quit drinking Marshall's, swear off sex and become a monk.

On a serious note, I predict that a Republican official in the Tulsa area will come out of the closet as a homosexual (perhaps not voluntarily) and that much teeth-gnashing will occur in its wake.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 10:21:03 am »

Actually, you are partially right- I've got a "detox pact" with some cycling buddies for four weeks from Jan. 4 to Jan. 31- no alcohol and no refined sugars.  The sugar part is easy for me, I'm not a huge sweets person, but the thought of no Marshalls for four weeks?  Daunting, especially with Big Jamoke on the market now.  Oh, yeah, there is a last ditch happy hour planned at Soundpony for the cyclists tomorrow  Wink

I did give up beer for a few weeks in August while I was training for a 100 miler, but life certainly is much better when I can enjoy a quality brew at will.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 10:34:10 am »

I see you were all clever enough to wait until Monday, 4 Jan to go on the temporary wagon.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org