A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 04:20:00 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cosmos.... 2  (Read 4568 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: August 13, 2009, 01:01:20 pm »

One of the most overlooked awesome establishment (because it's at 71st & Memorial) is Cosmo's. It's the illegitimate lovechild of a coffee house, Deli and Bar.

I see now they are taking over the Delta Cafe space on brookside. Don't know if it is a move or expansion but this fills brookside with a whole lot of WIN.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 01:20:41 pm »

Spoke with them at wild brew.  It's a move.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 01:24:30 pm »

That's sad for my neck of the woods, although I don't they were as appreciated as they will be in brookside.
Patrick
Activist

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 01:33:47 pm »

Any clue when they will be open?  It will do well on Brookside.
tulsamatt
Activist

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 12:10:20 pm »

Any clue when they will be open?  It will do well on Brookside.

November is what I heard...

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 01:12:18 pm »

Still my favorite Cosmo.

I bet he wishes he'd never gone off about the whole "fork in the a**" thing.  I imagine that cost him a mill or few a year.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 08:45:56 am by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacks fan
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 01:58:54 pm »

I had to look at this a couple of times because I was thinking of Casko's owned by

http://nifootball.blogspot.com/2006/08/billy-caskey.html
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 07:33:42 am »

So is Cosmo's taking over just the western half of the old Delta Cafe, adjacent to the parking lot?  Because there is a story in today's TW that Wolfgang Puck is opening a new restaurant at this location called Puck.  It should be a good addition to the area.

Rendering

OpenYourEyesTulsa
Civic Leader

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 05:10:29 pm »

According to the TW article, Cosmos is taking up a portion of the old Delta Cafe.  Puck will be in the rest.  It is a big building.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectid=53&articleid=20090724_53_E1_Thenew233744&allcom=1
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 07:46:36 am »

I am glad they are redesigning the exterior of the old Delta Cafe. It always seemed so "closed off" and dead feeling. The larger, ceiling to floor windows and fresh paint job will liven that corner up considerably. Breaking up the larger facade into 2 different establishments will be helpful too. Good improvements for Brookside.  Smiley

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
brianh
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 12:08:47 pm »

I like the way that bar is just open to the sidewalk like that. Is that the cosmos part of it? That will be like 4 places to get coffee in a 2 block area. We need to spread some of that wealth to 11th and Harvard please.
orion
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2009, 03:46:15 pm »

brianh you're awesome!!! Kudos glad to see Puck and Cosmo over in Brookside...however comma - brianh hit the nail on the head - 11th and Harvard needs some attention next to all that new construction at TU. It is the Mother Road running right through there..What with places coming up in the area - it doesnt need to be a fast food blight!! What with Ella's Deli, the soon to be open Campus Grill (old Hardwood, Ballers, etc), that new dental clinic/on going education center opening soon on the southeast corner, Dena's (just west of 11/Delaware) it could get very exciting in the hood - now if some of those nasty car lots could go away and be replaced with some snazzy retail - just wishing some one could do something with that old brickstructure on 11 near Bama Pie.

Now when Puck comes no whining kids..remember it is a chain after all - he is a great chef but remember he won't be the stew burner doing your food it will be some local guy or gal making the rounds hiring on at every other place in town and not a local owner with invested interest in the city
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2009, 06:31:10 pm »

Went by there today.  Puck's will be in the northern half of the old Delta Cafe with frontage along 33rd Pl. and Peoria while Cosmo's will be in the southern portion opening up to Peoria, next to Southwest Regalo's which is currently vacant. 

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 07:23:51 am »

Since the new Cosmo's is open, how about we do a Happy Hour there a week from today? Anyone interested?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org